5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit "North edition"

SkisNH

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2019 north edition ram and want to add a leveling kit and different tires. My question is...does the fact that the north edition comes with a 1" lift effect what I choose for a leveling kit.

Thanks in advance,

SkisNH

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Kinda of, if you had standard suspension, you can do a 2 inch level no problem, most people don’t even have to get it realigned. But now that you have a factory one inch, when doing a 2 inch level, you’re going to have to do upset control arms as well. Because you’re now going to be at 3 in level instead of the two.

Helmetface

Reaction score

SkisNH

Reaction score
Most people go this route:

I just bought it, works great with the ORP.

You should put control arms this way, as well.
Thanks for the link.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
Did you end up leveling out your North Edition truck yet? I have one as well and I am searching through the forums and looking for any ideas and advice I can find on what to do. Any real world experience that you can share would be appreciated.

SkisNH

Reaction score
Did you end up leveling out your North Edition truck yet? I have one as well and I am searching through the forums and looking for any ideas and advice I can find on what to do. Any real world experience that you can share would be appreciated.
Not yet, the factory lift makes it a more expensive upgrade. It will be done by spring when I do wheels and tires.

mjtodd

Reaction score
Hey guys, any updates on what you used on your North Edition for leveling? I have a 2020 and just looking into it now. Any help would be appreciated.

Detritivores

Reaction score
I have 2019 ORP (factory 1" lift just like the north edition) and installed the Motofab DR-2 (2" spacer) last week. Installation was easy and the kit was inexpensive.

I actually got a little under 2.25" lift in the front after installing the kit and it is almost perfectly level front to back.

MODJUNKIE

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ORP and have been going back and forth about leveling / lifting. Can’t seem to make up my mind. The Ready Lift 3.5” lift is about the same price as the 2” leveling kit. If I choose just to level it for now I have seen a few you tube videos stating if I we level these pickups the upper ball joints will be under too much stress. Anybody have any comments to clear this up or validate their statements?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread