5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Kit Issues?

Jubbs26

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice on leveling kit. I've searched around and have read of a few issues with people running leveling kits with their 1500's. I am looking to get rid of the 'rake' and bring my front up a bit and there's obviously a large cost difference between the lift vs. leveling kit.

Has anyone had issues with their leveling kits? Which one's are recommended - and will they affect warranty?

Thanks.

puba08

Reaction score
Bils or Eibach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jburden59

Reaction score
I cheaped out and did 2" top hat spacers....no issues after 3500 miles for me...I did read somewhere (here probably) that preload spacers were more problematic and 2" was the recommended max to keep the stock UCA's.

Jubbs26

Reaction score
I cheaped out and did 2" top hat spacers....no issues after 3500 miles for me...I did read somewhere (here probably) that preload spacers were more problematic and 2" was the recommended max to keep the stock UCA's.
Thanks for the info! I am leaning toward the spacers also - which one did you go with? Any idea if this effects the warranty? This is my first full size truck - my apologies if it seems that I have a lot of questions.

Gs72174

Reaction score
From time to time I’ll load 1500lbs or so of materials in the bed of my 1500 Big Horn. Any concerns if doing just level kit?

Leepshow11

Reaction score
Anyone have issues getting the UCA free? Trying to install a MotoFab 2 inch level. I tried using a cheap puller kit from Harbor Freight but that didn’t work. Banged the hell out of the knuckle with a dead blow hammer as well. Want to avoid using a pickle fork because it seems like every post I’ve seen where people used one they tore the boot. Any suggestions?

KRField

Reaction score
Anyone have issues getting the UCA free? Trying to install a MotoFab 2 inch level. I tried using a cheap puller kit from Harbor Freight but that didn’t work. Banged the hell out of the knuckle with a dead blow hammer as well. Want to avoid using a pickle fork because it seems like every post I’ve seen where people used one they tore the boot. Any suggestions?

Use a small metal mallet. The dead blow does not provide the vibrations to do the job. You don’t need to go ape on it. Just solid taps. I started with a dead blow and whaling on it to no avail. A fraction of the force and a couple taps with a metal one popped it free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck. Driver side ball joint took me 2 hours of tapping. Finally used a pickle fork, and just went VERY SLOW. Make sure you clear the rubber boot as you slowly get the pickle fork farther under the ball joint.

Passenger side dropped out with 5 taps from the hammer. Like @KRField said, use a metal hammer not a dead blow.

Users who are viewing this thread