5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit issue for 2019 Limited with ORP and Air Suspension

ncsu03ee

Reaction score
I've been having the toughest time with my dealership. They screwed up a tire install, and as a nice gesture offered to level my truck and install larger tires (295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers). I jumped on this because, well, why not!?

They installed the kit. I drive it home, noticing that the truck feels like the suspension is completely gone. The front in bounces around 3-4 times when going over small bumps. Ok, it is lifted. Maybe the ride will be slightly rougher?

After it sits in the driveway for a bit, I get out to run an errand. As soon as I start it up it throws an error code about payload, and the air suspension is disabled. I finally get that cleared out, and have to put it in Aero mode.

I call the dealership, and they inform me that with this lift, when in normal mode, the truck is actually in Off-Road mode. That's the way it has to be apparently. THAT IS A ROUGH RIDE. So, what I've had to settle with is keeping it in Aero mode all the time.

I've seen a lot of internet posts about their lifts not affecting their air suspension. Am I the only one with this issue?

Reaction score
IT sounds like they only put the leveling links on your truck which will max out the air suspension. Had they put a spacer on the strut and then the leveling links you would still have access to off-road 1 & 2 while not feeling so tight in the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread