5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit help!

Bigbadgen

Reaction score
I put on a leveling kit about 3k miles ago. Just recently my truck started squeaking when turning the wheel. It’s been determined that my ball joint is shot on passenger side. This is in stock control arms. I just recently purchased ready lift uca, anyone have any issues with factory uca and or the ready lift ones? I ran a leveling kit for 60k miles on my grand Cherokee with factory uca. Not sure why this is different.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8728.jpeg
    IMG_8728.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 22

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I put on a leveling kit about 3k miles ago. Just recently my truck started squeaking when turning the wheel. It’s been determined that my ball joint is shot on passenger side. This is in stock control arms. I just recently purchased ready lift uca, anyone have any issues with factory uca and or the ready lift ones? I ran a leveling kit for 60k miles on my grand Cherokee with factory uca. Not sure why this is different.
i hope those pictures are with the truck jacked up? if not, I can see why the ball joints would be junk. I think the only right way to do it with spacers on the non air ride trucks is with the kit like Revel sells with the Daypro ucas. those arms or similar will/should correct the ball joint angle.
I plan to put their air ride level kit with daypros on my limited if it ever shows up. I ran 2 inch spacers on all my past chevy silverados to level them and never had a problem with anything on them but the ram from what I have researched seems to eat ball joints or bust out of the arms altogether without the angles corrected.
or as others will suggest in your situation the proper struts for the lift you want. that will run you more cash though.
just my 2 cents.

Bigbadgen

Reaction score
I ordered the new uca. Not looking to redo everything until the shocks are shot. I went with the ready lift ones. The picture is the truck on a lift. The factory control arms look like steel and composite. Not sure why they would ever do that.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I ordered the new uca. Not looking to redo everything until the shocks are shot. I went with the ready lift ones. The picture is the truck on a lift. The factory control arms look like steel and composite. Not sure why they would ever do that.
I believe the factory UCas are composite with a steel ball joint. I have seen pictures on this board somewhere that the ball joint completely broke out of the OEM arm and he only had a level lift on his truck.

Users who are viewing this thread