5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit help

Nastynate

Reaction score
Just had my local shop install a rough country 2” leveling kit. Looks amazing, but am getting a squeak from my front right when hitting bumps. The shop has taken it completely apart and back together twice, can’t figure it out. I’m loosing my mind with the squeak, so bad I’m about to just have them take it off. Anyone have the same issue by any chance and know what’s going on?
2019 1500 Laramie 4x4

Attachments

• 4B6758AE-9A8C-46EB-B917-E591CCDFC7AD.jpeg
    4B6758AE-9A8C-46EB-B917-E591CCDFC7AD.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 64

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If everything is tight, nothing should squeak. I did mine myself. Triple check it and make sure all bolts are tight, it's about all you can do.

MTaylor1978

Reaction score
Having the same issue, shop's had everything apart twice and it still squeaks. they claim the because the spacer is put inside the strut, the strut loses 2" of travel is is bottoming out and squeaking.
anybody have any thoughts?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's your brakes. Several threads on it.

They most likely took the calipers off to get the strut out, so they messed with the brakes. There are clips on the end of each one (so 4 per caliper). Throw some graphite lube or brake grease on them, and it'll go away for a few weeks. Haven't found a permanent solution yet, but I haven't had time to take everything apart either.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Next time you go over a bump try to hold the brakes a little to see if the squeak stops or changes. A lot of us have this squeak from the brakes

MTaylor1978

Reaction score
Not the brakes, had enough of the noise and bumpy ride, ordered the lift struts. that should solve the problems. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread