5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Kit Consensus

Lukc22

Reaction score
Hey guys... I have a 2019 New body style bighorn non offroad, non air... I want to level it for now, so I am trying to see if there is a consensus on best leveling kit... Within a few months I want to go with Zone lift kit, but just leveling for now... I hate having a rake on a 4x4 truck... I am planning on fuel rebel d679 18x9 with 33's... I am looking for a 2" or 2.5" level... Is there a consensus "best" out there??? Thank yall

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best would be Bilstien 5100s which are in perpetual back order. If you just want temporary until you get the Zone lift kits then I would suggest just an upper spacer puck

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're not going to get a consensus. It's like asking what brand gas or oil is best. If you want something to hold you over and don't want to break the bank then top hat spacers will suffice. Size depends on how much rake you have and how much you want to eliminate. Just measure the wheel wells and get the difference.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Hey guys... I have a 2019 New body style bighorn non offroad, non air... I want to level it for now, so I am trying to see if there is a consensus on best leveling kit... Within a few months I want to go with Zone lift kit, but just leveling for now... I hate having a rake on a 4x4 truck... I am planning on fuel rebel d679 18x9 with 33's... I am looking for a 2" or 2.5" level... Is there a consensus "best" out there??? Thank yall
How much rake do you have now? Mine was nearly 2.75" lower in the front, so a 2.5" leveling spacer worked for me.

I just went with the motofab 2.5" spacers. Bought on amazon for like $40, so easy to justify trying it out. Went with 295/65r20 on stock wheels, no rub at all. They measure out taller than a 35x would but only at 11.8" or so.

Truck still drives really smooth, easy over bumps. Some bump steer when you hit ruts and deep runs in the road, but not too bad. You can tell the stock suspension isn't designed for the heavy weight of bigger tires, but for stock shocks it's really not bad at all.

If you have plans to install a lift later on, no need to throw money into a temporary level. Just get the spacer and throw on some 35"s lol.

IxRACEx4xPHO

Reaction score
Did you ever move forward with the D679 18x9? I also like these wheels, just wondering if there are any fitment issues with the brake calipers and such. thanks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Motofab top hat spacers worked for me. Don’t really off-road. Very cost effective too

Users who are viewing this thread