5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Kit Confusion

quadzilla200

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a leveling kit to my 19 Laramie Crew Cab and going with 275/60/20 K02 or Ridge Grapplers and keeping the stock wheels. I'm a bit confused on how much the leveling kit costs for the 19. Many of the videos don't show guys using the upper control arms, but the aftermarket guy I usually go to says they are needed or the ball joints will wear out on the 19s. He was quoting me upwards of 700-800 which was almost double what I was expecting. I'm not sure but a 3.5 lift isn't much different is it in terms of price.

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
While not an expert myself, all the research I did before pulling the trigger on a leveling kit indicated that front leveling kits 2-2.5 inches or less are perfectly fine without new UCAs. Never hurts to have UCAs that account for the different geometry the kit creates though. Without UCAs leveling kits are mostly under $150, and I believe install at one of my local shops was about $200. Hope that helps a little.

quadzilla200

Reaction score
I've checked with other places. Only the one is saying you need the UCA's which makes it around $750 installed. The two other quotes I'm getting are $342 for the Ready Lift, but then they charge another $120 for alignment and $30 for the shop fee. Another place does the Rough Country for $350 out the door. I'm not sure what to do. I wonder why they are making the UCA kit on Ready Lift if it isn't needed for leveling? It is causing me pause, but at the same time I really don't want to spend $750 to move my truck a couple inches up in the front. Got a $1300 quote on the Rough Country 3.5 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread