5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Advice - PLEASE HELP...I'M LOST

erandt26

Reaction score
I've read almost every post and called a few shops in MN and now I'm even more confused. I'm not looking to add a crazy lift kit as all I'm really trying to do is remove the factory rake out of the truck, and create a better stance. What I have '21 Night Edition w/o air ride. Tow a large boat very regularly in the summer and will NEVER take the truck off road.

1.) Shop 1 is telling me to get the rough country leveling strut....but it's getting destroyed here
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-leveling-struts-30001.html

2.) Shop 2 is telling me to get the Ready Lift Spacer system w/ new control arms.....spacers in general get destroyed here and this doesn't seem like a great solution when towing
https://www.readylift.com/2-front-leveling-kit-with-tubular-control-arms-2019-ram-1500-4wd-1.html

Bilstein seems to be everyone's preferred path, questions on that. 1.) 5100's the way to go based on above and 2.) thoughts on the rear, necessary?

I realize this thread has been covered but really just need some advice from people with experience and who are much more mechanical!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5100’s …. Leave an inch or so of rake so you don’t look nose high …. You can do Bils in the back so your shocks match, but not needed …. Wait and see how it rides first …. Hellwig sway bar in the rear would be money better spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erandt26

Reaction score
5100’s …. Leave an inch or so of rake so you don’t look nose high …. You can do Bils in the back so your shocks match, but not needed …. Wait and see how it rides first …. Hellwig sway bar in the rear would be money better spent

any reason to worry about UCA's with your recommendation?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
any reason to worry about UCA's with your recommendation?

Not if you don’t go over 2” of level …. Stick with the 1.3” or 1.7” grooves and you’re fine …. Which I think is #4 and #5

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't click on your links but the ReadyLift leveling kit with UCA's is not going to have any negative effect on towing. I don't do much off road, so I got the ReadyLift kit. I bought it on Amazon for $375. I just couldn't justify spending $1000 more on the Bilsteins.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't click on your links but the ReadyLift leveling kit with UCA's is not going to have any negative effect on towing. I don't do much off road, so I got the ReadyLift kit. I bought it on Amazon for $375. I just couldn't justify spending $1000 more on the Bilsteins.

Front Bil 5100’s are $260

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear Bilstein’s are finally coming back in stock. Will be doing front and back as soon as my work schedule loosens up a bit. 4WP had them back ordered since May, I finally got my full set in end of Oct.

With factory ORP, plan to keep it at ring #4 and maintain a very slight rake. ORP equipped trucks top out at the fifth ring due to the factory lift, but I’ll keep mine at 4
Don’t plan on heavy off roading (beach, campgrounds, maybe some mud time to time), more just to bring the front up because the rake on this thing is ridiculous (2 1/8 diff).
But the upgrade just seemed the easiest, most economical way to achieve intended result with minimum to no modification, and there are a lot of positive reviews on this leveling application. Came across a few who have had minor issues, which is why I am staying at the 4th ring.

After reading up on all options, the Bilstein upgrade just made sense for me.
Love the look of a leveled truck, lifted or dropped. And the 5th Gen looks killer either way. Good luck!

nateonator

Reaction score
Rear Bilstein’s are finally coming back in stock. Will be doing front and back as soon as my work schedule loosens up a bit. 4WP had them back ordered since May, I finally got my full set in end of Oct.

With factory ORP, plan to keep it at ring #4 and maintain a very slight rake. ORP equipped trucks top out at the fifth ring due to the factory lift, but I’ll keep mine at 4
Don’t plan on heavy off roading (beach, campgrounds, maybe some mud time to time), more just to bring the front up because the rake on this thing is ridiculous (2 1/8 diff).
But the upgrade just seemed the easiest, most economical way to achieve intended result with minimum to no modification, and there are a lot of positive reviews on this leveling application. Came across a few who have had minor issues, which is why I am staying at the 4th ring.

After reading up on all options, the Bilstein upgrade just made sense for me.
Love the look of a leveled truck, lifted or dropped. And the 5th Gen looks killer either way. Good luck!

I've got an ORP and installing the 5100s as well. Did you replace your upper control arms? I'm debating on whether it's necessary now. I'm planning to use the 5th ring.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got an ORP and installing the 5100s as well. Did you replace your upper control arms? I'm debating on whether it's necessary now. I'm planning to use the 5th ring.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I’m still waiting to install, but do not intend to change my UCA’s right now. Some have for piece of mind. I want some rake left in my front, just to avoid nose up when hauling, and have read that some have been experiencing clunking issues at full extension with the ORP at the 5th ring, so is why I am staying on ring 4.

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
I went with the bilstein 5100s in front with readylift UCAs on a rebel. Rides like stock. Got quoted $400 for install and alignment and the 5100s were about $250 if I recall correctly.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
idk bout junk i know the angles are crazy full droop

They are made from heavy duty plastic ( the UCA ) that come on the ram's , maybe the aftermarket mopar's are better but the original parts are junk, a friend of mine off-roading broke one, not a fun fix in the woods.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are made from heavy duty plastic ( the UCA ) that come on the ram's , maybe the aftermarket mopar's are better but the original parts are junk, a friend of mine off-roading broke one, not a fun fix in the woods.
Put a magnet on them and then tell me what they are made of.

Users who are viewing this thread