5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling a 2019 Limited

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
Been doing research on a 2" leveling kit that's compatible with the air suspension. Only choices I've found are the Revel Performance suspension links with the Daystar 2" spacers OR the Rough Country Leveling kit. Has anyone installed either one of these and what is your experience??

Daytona952

Reaction score
I just ordered the Rough country brackets. For less than $30.00 and an hour install I'll give them a shot.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I have both the Rough Country brackets and the Daystar pucks with homemade links. I am up about 4" total lift in front and 2" in the rear with homemade links. If you just install the Rough Country brackets, you will be in "Off road 1" mode basically. It will make the ride rougher. The Daystar pucks and links, either revel or homemade will be your best shot at a good ride yet.

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
I have both the Rough Country brackets and the Daystar pucks with homemade links. I am up about 4" total lift in front and 2" in the rear with homemade links. If you just install the Rough Country brackets, you will be in "Off road 1" mode basically. It will make the ride rougher. The Daystar pucks and links, either revel or homemade will be your best shot at a good ride yet.
VERY good information. My question would DEFINITELY be how the ride feels. What size rims/tires are you running?

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
VERY good information. My question would DEFINITELY be how the ride feels. What size rims/tires are you running?
With my current lift height its definately stiffer, but not bad at all. I would call it more "truck like" now. In the winter I run the stock Limited 22" wheels, but summer are 22x12 with 33x12.50 mud tires.

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
With my current lift height its definately stiffer, but not bad at all. I would call it more "truck like" now. In the winter I run the stock Limited 22" wheels, but summer are 22x12 with 33x12.50 mud tires.
How much trimming did you have to do and what offset?

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
How much trimming did you have to do and what offset?
they are -57 offset and i have 2" spacers as well. I spaced the front bumper up about a 1/2" and i do hit the rear fender spats on full lock. i keep a few spare spats as i have ripped a few off before on my 19 laramie as well.

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
they are -57 offset and i have 2" spacers as well. I spaced the front bumper up about a 1/2" and i do hit the rear fender spats on full lock. i keep a few spare spats as i have ripped a few off before on my 19 laramie as well.
Gotcha. Mine will be -44 offset with no spacers so I shouldn't have to do TOO much trimming. You've been VERY helpful!!

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
I just ordered the Rough country brackets. For less than $30.00 and an hour install I'll give them a shot.
Just got my RC brackets in and gonna install them this weekend. Did you install yours? If so, please tell me about it and how does your ride feel now?

Daytona952

Reaction score
Just got my RC brackets in and gonna install them this weekend. Did you install yours? If so, please tell me about it and how does your ride feel now?
I am going to try this weekend if it gets warmer. Getting my new wheels and tires on friday.. I have both the Rough Coutry brackets and Rev links. Not sure now which direction to go. May try the links first , as that is the simplest route for now.

6ixxxFew

Reaction score
I am going to try this weekend if it gets warmer. Getting my new wheels and tires on friday.. I have both the Rough Coutry brackets and Rev links. Not sure now which direction to go. May try the links first , as that is the simplest route for now.
Installed the RC Brackets...wasn't hard except the damn sensor plug didn't want to come out on the passenger side but I still got it in. These brackets are shorter than the stock which re-positioned the sensor. I love the look though...truck re-configured itself and it's level with the back!!

Attachments

• 274054683_1056500634906519_1899516242084105420_n.jpg
    274054683_1056500634906519_1899516242084105420_n.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 62

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the RC Brackets...wasn't hard except the damn sensor plug didn't want to come out on the passenger side but I still got it in. These brackets are shorter than the stock which re-positioned the sensor. I love the look though...truck re-configured itself and it's level with the back!!
@d15nonvtec @6ixxxFew So I’m reading that off road 1 and 2 are not usable once the leveling kit is on. What happens when you bump the lever to 1 or 2 off road??

Sportznut

Reaction score
How is the ride? Too stiff?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lurts

Reaction score
I currently have the ReadyLift 1.5” leveling kit on my limited with air suspension as well as Revel links in the rear, raising the back about 0.5”. Ride quality is unchanged from stock in my opinion. All 5 air modes still work without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread