5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level with Spacer or Wait for Bilstein to Release the 5100's for 2019 RAM North Package (1' factory lift)

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Hey All,
I have been following the forums since I owned my RAM in February. I have the North Package which has the 1" factory lift. What i am asking is should i level with spacer or wait for Bilstein?

I have the following questions/learnings so far:
  1. Most have said they prefer top hat over pre-load spacer. Some are saying the pre-load affects the ride and have noticed bounce and an affected ride over stock. I drive a lot and really don't want to affect the factory ride. With this said, my dealer is tellling me the only spacer Mopar will warranty is the Rough Country 2" spacer, which is a pre-load. The Rough Country would still leave a .5" rake. Has anyone heard this before?
    1. I would prefer the motofab 2.5" which would be completely level my truck.
  2. Bilstein might not be releasing the 5100 for the 2019 RAM until late the year or ealry next year.
    1. Does anyone know if the 2018 5100's will work on the 2019?
  3. Any other options i am missing?
Thanks Everyone!

JasonB

Reaction score
2018 Bils do not work with 2019.

I have the motofab 2” imo perfect level. Ride is excellent. Same a stock just has a higher center of gravity with the kit and tires I have on.

Cheaper to with the spacer and you do not have to wait.

662BF667-53C5-4A0C-891B-83A2F5D2C661.jpeg

R

Rob5589

Search for leveling with the factory 1" lift. A spacer will also require upper control arms due to excessive angle.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have the motofab 2” imo perfect level. Ride is excellent. Same a stock just has a higher center of gravity with the kit and tires I have on.

View attachment 32153

Did you do the 2” kit with front and rear? Looks like you still have a good bit of rake.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Did you do the 2” kit with front and rear? Looks like you still have a good bit of rake.

I have not done anyhting as of yet. I am scheduled to have the Rough Country 2" installed in a couple weeks by my dealer. Just trying to cover all bases before I pull the trigger.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score

View attachment 32153

Great looking truck!

So I am clear, you installed the 2" motofab spacer, correct?

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Search for leveling with the factory 1" lift. A spacer will also require upper control arms due to excessive angle.

I have heard that, but MOPAR is not recommending the UCA's be replaced with the spacers. I do go off-road during deer season and occassionally a few times per month, so changing the UCA's might be the way to go.

Blackhawktech

Reaction score
Hey All,
I have been following the forums since I owned my RAM in February. I have the North Package which has the 1" factory lift. What i am asking is should i level with spacer or wait for Bilstein?

I have the following questions/learnings so far:
  1. Most have said they prefer top hat over pre-load spacer. Some are saying the pre-load affects the ride and have noticed bounce and an affected ride over stock. I drive a lot and really don't want to affect the factory ride. With this said, my dealer is tellling me the only spacer Mopar will warranty is the Rough Country 2" spacer, which is a pre-load. The Rough Country would still leave a .5" rake. Has anyone heard this before?
    1. I would prefer the motofab 2.5" which would be completely level my truck.
  2. Bilstein might not be releasing the 5100 for the 2019 RAM until late the year or ealry next year.
    1. Does anyone know if the 2018 5100's will work on the 2019?
  3. Any other options i am missing?
Thanks Everyone!

Blackhawktech

Reaction score
I would wait for Rancho to come out with the quick lift strut assembly for the 2019 Models.

JasonB

Reaction score
Yes I installed the 2” motofab... i also installed the upper a arms from the mopar lift kit at the same time...

I have no plans to take my truck off road... it was a cosmetic decision. Dedicated off road shocks and struts might be a better decision if you are going off road.

I tow my car to the track and go to the rifle range with my truck... did not to wait for bilstiens ... had them on a couple other trucks I owned good gear but i have no complaints about my Motofabs

Last edited:
R

Rob5589

I have heard that, but MOPAR is not recommending the UCA's be replaced with the spacers. I do go off-road during deer season and occasionally a few times per month, so changing the UCA's might be the way to go.
So, are they saying that the upper control arms that come in their 2" lift are the same as the factory 1" lift? Which would be different than the standard UCA? If so, interesting bit of information.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
So, are they saying that the upper control arms that come in their 2" lift are the same as the factory 1" lift? Which would be different than the standard UCA? If so, interesting bit of information.

This is not the lift, it is the 2" spacers and the dealer is telling me no need for new UCA's. the stock ones will work.

R

Rob5589

This is not the lift, it is the 2" spacers and the dealer is telling me no need for new UCA's. the stock ones will work.
Gotcha. Did they infer that the control arms on the 1" lift are the same as the 2" Mopar lift?

agjr85

Reaction score
Unless you need it to clear tires I'd wait for the other options coming out in the fall.
No one can truly prove the Mopar UCA's are indeed different from the stocks so it seems like a waste of money w/o knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread