5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

level it 2" in front or lift to 3.5 with struts and new A arms?

motomarc

Reaction score
I have a new 2025 Laramie 4x4.
I am trying to decide what to go with.
I don't get off road to much a couple times a year so don't need the best stuff out there.

Either the 2" loaded struts & level it in front only or lift it 3.5" loaded struts in front + 1.5" rear for a level & lift and more clearance :unsure: bigger tires and nicer look .
The rough country stuff is decent price and has good feedback struts 2" are $329 & 3"-3.5" lift aluminum A arms are $299. or the KSP 2"- 4" lift A arms $299 I really like them better with grease zerk and nice machine finish.
the 3.5" lift kit with struts and spacer for the rear is $979 but if I skip the rear top spring spacers it's only $749.
Rough countries top spacers are polyurethane I can get billet for less than $200 online. Any suggestions and links to good products at a fair price post away.

thank you for your time.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First, do NOT go spacers in front. They are garbage regardless of what the forum experts say. Listen to a suspension expert.

If you go RC, do the M1 upgrade Monotube over Twin tune N3. Definitely change out UCAs. I have seen people mention KSP, but doesn't seem often, so do your research on them if you go that way.

Also look at Eibach is a great setup all in one, except UCA. I would personally go with Eibach/ coilovers and rear coils to match.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I did the m1 loaded struts(3.5”) with RC UCAs and a Motofab 2” spacer in the rear and m1 shocks. The UCAs have replaceable ball joints with zerks under the caps that hide them. Listen to what was said above. I had spacers up front to start. Rode terrible compared to what I have now and caused ball joints to fail in under a year. If I could do it again I would go straight to loaded struts and not play around with the top hats.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I would've leveled but I went 3/2 for 3 reasons. 1. I only had 1.5" rake. 2. I tow pretty much weekly and needed stiffer springs out back. 3. A 1" level wouldn't help much sliding under the truck to change the oil.

Users who are viewing this thread