5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

level front to back side to side

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm being indecisive and looking for input since I know this group has opinions. :)
I want to level my truck, not a fan of the rake, just not sure which way I want to go. I have a Limited on 305s and not planning on going with a bigger tire anytime soon. The options to level as I see it are:
Lift the front (pucks, links, etc.)
Lower the rear (links)
Swap the factory links front to back (suggestion from fb)
I don't want to degrade the ride, and don't want the huge wheel gap in the rear. Suggestions?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Do you have the air ride suspension? If so, I know the options are somewhat limited and others can help more than me in that case. However, If you do not have the air ride, I would suggest a simple 2-2.5" front spacer. This would eliminate the rake without degrading the ride quality of the truck. Changing springs or links will change your ride quality.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm being indecisive and looking for input since I know this group has opinions. :)
I want to level my truck, not a fan of the rake, just not sure which way I want to go. I have a Limited on 305s and not planning on going with a bigger tire anytime soon. The options to level as I see it are:
Lift the front (pucks, links, etc.)
Lower the rear (links)
Swap the factory links front to back (suggestion from fb)
I don't want to degrade the ride, and don't want the huge wheel gap in the rear. Suggestions?
Swapping the links front to back is a really interesting solution. If I had a limited I would try that right now since it could be swapped back easily and costs nothing but time.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapping the links front to back is a really interesting solution. If I had a limited I would try that right now since it could be swapped back easily and costs nothing but time.
I thought the same thing, my arms can't get around my tires in E/E mode to pull them. lol

Users who are viewing this thread