5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level 2 Big Horn vs Level 1 Laramie

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this looks to be a $4,500 difference in price. (I’m including LED lights, Park sense, stereo options on BH) If I’m reading everything correct, the only items I’d be missing on the Big Horn are:

Leather seats
Ventilated front seats
reclining rear bench
Fake leather on dash

Am I missing anything else?

Last edited:

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this looks to be a $4,500 difference in price. Even with the $1k LED option on BH. If I’m reading everything correct, the only items I’d be missing on the Big Horn are:

Leather seats
Ventilated seats
reclining rear bench
Fake leather on dash

Am I missing anything else?
I think that's about it, that's the truck I was looking for and happened to find a Laramie close that was a good deal.
When I was looking at possibly ordering, they're within 1-2k I think it was, but incentives have always been better on big horns.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that's about it, that's the truck I was looking for and happened to find a Laramie close that was a good deal.
When I was looking at possibly ordering, they're within 1-2k I think it was, but incentives have always been better on big horns.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That’s exactly it. MSRP difference with same options is less than $2k, but BH gets an extra $3k in rebates

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also the Laramie has power passenger vs manual on the Bighorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right. Looks like 8-way power driver on BH and 12-way power on both driver/passenger in Laramie.

Looks like the manual passenger seat also doesn’t list the 4-way lumbar support that the 12-way power seat does.

Excellent, thank you. Not having lumbar support on the passenger is a deal breaker.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out as well. Starting to think about my next truck when lease is up and keeping my 2019 BH level 2 or upgrading to a Laramie or BH if I can get a good deal. Seems the BH can be optioned close or better in some respects for less $$ but might also get a better deal on a Laramie if they decide to run incentives at any given time. Either way it is very complicated to try and build/spec a truck and clearly understand and see all options. Too often you try to add something and it takes away or changes 10 other things! Hopefully with the full year of planning I'll figure it out. Hoping the 2022 will not change bed size for moving over my topper. Sorry to highjack the thread.

RHeller1

Reaction score
memory seats
adjustable pedals with memory?
metal door scuff plates
wheel well flares
Sport Hood with sport package only on Laramie and Rebel

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what its worth, check out the difference in the interiors, especially with the Canyon Brown.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045349 miles.

Boston

Reaction score
One subtle difference-I swear that the Laramie has softer plastic on door trims etc than the BH.

BH is my preference with L2. If you need leather there is always katzskin.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One subtle difference-I swear that the Laramie has softer plastic on door trims etc than the BH.

BH is my preference with L2. If you need leather there is always katzskin.

Are you referring to the arm rest on door panel, where the elbow sits?

I did notice the Laramie was very cushy, haven’t sat in a 1500 BH to compare. I did sit in a 2500 BH where it was hard plastic

Last edited:

Ramjeep

Reaction score
The panel's are a different (soft) material and the compartments (both glove boxes and lid under armrest) are lined with felt also.

Boston

Reaction score
Are you referring to the arm rest on door panel, where the elbow sits?

I did notice the Laramie was very cushy, haven’t sat in a BH to compare

You and the next poster confirmed what I figured out at an auto show a year ago.

Thanks

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blind spot monitoring (includes LED taillights) in Laramie level 1, $600 option on BH. Laramie without level 1 still includes the LED lights just not the blind spot module

tom318

Reaction score
Few things that pushed me to the Laramie were:
-Passive entry(keyless entry)
-Memory seats
-Available HK sound system
-Nicer shifter knob(stupid but If I had to choose the heavier metal Laramie one is nice)
-I believe Laramie has additional sound deadening and acoustical glass.
- ventilated seats.
-LED dome/interior lights.
I’m sure I’m missing a few but I spent a good amout of time comparing all the features in the back or the brochure Between the BH and Laramie. Lots of small details on the Laramie that are just a bit nicer. For me I considered both the BH and loaded Laramie to be very expensive so at that higher price I could get a truck without passive entry since my 18k VW has it.

obrien

Reaction score
The seats in BH are super ugly imho. The only reason I went with BH was that I got Built-to-serve package which has the Rebel style seats. It completely changed the feel of the truck interior and I actually prefer them over Laramie seats.

If I could not get those I would go to Rebel or Laramie trim.

obrien

Reaction score
Only thing I really miss in my Bighorn is keyless entry though... once you have it it is hard to live without it.

Users who are viewing this thread