5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No lift no level. Level will arrive …October? Per bilstein , but set up has no suspension adjustment, it is backcountry with orp
How is the paint quality on the fender flares? Does it match up perfectly with the factory black? Hard to tell by the pics but they look like a flat black. I thought they are painted with factory colors.

Way2QWK

Reaction score
Finally got mine delivered so I can join in on the fun. Only have 200 miles on it but so far I'm very impressed with what RAM has delivered here. The ride quality and smoothness is unreal. For someone like me who has only driven old solid axle 4x4 trucks, this truck is like riding in a Cadillac. There are a few things that out 2015 Durango RT had that this doesn't that we miss already.

No Passive Entry. I knew these didn't have it but also didn't realize how much of a convenience this feature is till its gone.

No memory driver seat even with Level 2 equip package.

A/c performance is no where close to our 2015 Durango. I would expect more for less cabin space of this truck. With that said, I will reserve final judgement till after the windows are tinted.

Gas mileage is about the same as our Durango so at least its not worse.

20220814_180613.jpg 20220814_180623.jpg 20220814_180900.jpg 20220814_181144.jpg

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Finally got mine delivered so I can join in on the fun. Only have 200 miles on it but so far I'm very impressed with what RAM has delivered here. The ride quality and smoothness is unreal. For someone like me who has only driven old solid axle 4x4 trucks, this truck is like riding in a Cadillac. There are a few things that out 2015 Durango RT had that this doesn't that we miss already.

No Passive Entry. I knew these didn't have it but also didn't realize how much of a convenience this feature is till its gone.

A/c performance is no where close to our 2015 Durango. I would expect more for less cabin space of this truck. With that said, I will reserve final judgement till after the windows are tinted.

Good looking truck, but I'm partial to the Backcountry.

This is a Bighorn, so not sure the point of complaining it doesn't have the features you mention. That's why the Laramie and up trims exist. You can almost duplicate the Backcountry look/options on a Laramie if those are must have for you.

I have zero complaints with the AC and find it to be plenty cold on 90+ days sitting in the sun. Love the remote start to cool down the cabin and will dislike paying for that feature when the time comes... but I will. I use a Covercraft UVS100 custom fit sunshade which works great and really helps.

Dewey

Reaction score

View attachment 137018 View attachment 137019 View attachment 137020 View attachment 137021
Nice looking truck. It’s my twin.😎

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

View attachment 137018 View attachment 137019 View attachment 137020 View attachment 137021
Agree with your feedback. My 2016 Tacoma had passive entry. I miss it.

For the A/C I have a couple of observations. When first turning it on its often warm air. If I set it to Max AC, it's immediately cold. I also notice a delay in it turning on. First world problems I know just an observation. Perhaps the warm air is related to the AC hack people talk about?

Evanm129

Reaction score
How is the paint quality on the fender flares? Does it match up perfectly with the factory black? Hard to tell by the pics but they look like a flat black. I thought they are painted with factory colors.
They are more of a flat black, not the plastic like say on my wife’s jeep that will fill in sun. I could have ordered body color, and I guess you could get gloss black too

Dewey

Reaction score
Agree with your feedback. My 2016 Tacoma had passive entry. I miss it.

For the A/C I have a couple of observations. When first turning it on its often warm air. If I set it to Max AC, it's immediately cold. I also notice a delay in it turning on. First world problems I know just an observation. Perhaps the warm air is related to the AC hack people talk about?
I had passive entry on my last two Laramie’s so after enjoying it for 10 years it was a real shock to the system going without on my Back Country. Not gonna lie the first month sucked. I looked into adding and was going to purchase everything to do the job but now over 2 months later I don’t miss it nearly as much anymore. Not really worth tearing my door panels off and doing all the work for a minor convenience. Think I’ll survive just fine with my key fob.

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had mine for about 4 mos and I still miss passive entry. While the retrofit is not super hard it is not trivial either. I kinda thought I would get it done pretty quickly but wanted to see if I could get by without it. Still not sure I want to tackle it.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
So what is the general opinion of the tri-fold bed cover? It' just meh in my opinion. I'm seriously thinking about ditching it for something better. I've been looking at the Peragon aluminum cover, like how it folds down into the bed.

I just looked and the Mopar tri-fold cover costs $575. Wow that's a lot for what it is...
It wasn't bad, but I wanted something more secure and that I could use racks with. I ended up buying a combo by SyneticUSA , aluminum roll up cover with adjustable racks. It was the perfect mix for my needs.

Way2QWK

Reaction score
How many donuts does a person have to do, to make the parking lot look like that? That's insane
Thats about 2 years worth of donuts in some industrial area of town. Most drift cars and bikes hang out there.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been looking at the Bushwhacker painted OE fender flares and curious if anyone has done that? I saw some of the matte black ones a few posts up which got me thinking. Kinda wondering if it would look silly with painted flares but a two tone paint with the black on the bottom of the granite crystal main color. Any thoughts?

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Been looking at the Bushwhacker painted OE fender flares and curious if anyone has done that? I saw some of the matte black ones a few posts up which got me thinking. Kinda wondering if it would look silly with painted flares but a two tone paint with the black on the bottom of the granite crystal main color. Any thoughts?
From the What did you do your Ram today thread

Ram12375

Reaction score
Anyone reading who will be towing… I came from a Silverado 2500 diesel to the ram 1500 with the 3.92 gears. I have a 33 ft camper weighs 6700 dry. I was worried how it would pull being so long. I obviously won’t say it pulled as well as my diesel but I was pleasantly surprised by the how the 1500 hauled it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious. Are you still running the stock Falken at3 tires

Ram12375

Reaction score
Here is my 2022 Backcountry Quad Cab. Granite Crystal, Regular 5.7, 3:92’s, Level 2, Alpine and 12”, Safety and Cross Traffic, LED’s, wheel well liners. Ordered March 19th and delivered June 18th. Weird thing my dealer or RAM won’t answer is why the same truck on their lot in March minus all my added options had the black side steps but when ordered mine it was dropped out of the Backcountry option but the option price stayed at $2695. The dealer worked with me to add them for $150 my cost.
View attachment 134636
Dealer is working with me to add them for $1,186 my cost

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Here is my 2022 Backcountry Quad Cab. Granite Crystal, Regular 5.7, 3:92’s, Level 2, Alpine and 12”, Safety and Cross Traffic, LED’s, wheel well liners. Ordered March 19th and delivered June 18th. Weird thing my dealer or RAM won’t answer is why the same truck on their lot in March minus all my added options had the black side steps but when ordered mine it was dropped out of the Backcountry option but the option price stayed at $2695. The dealer worked with me to add them for $150 my cost.
View attachment 134636

Dealer is working with me to add them for $1,186 my cost
The Quad Cab I ordered showed up without the step bars. I wasn't paying extra for something when Ram didn't reduce the price for an $$$ option deleted from the Backcountry package. I got lucky and found a Crew Backcountry on the lot at another dealer and bought it.

My dealer was happy too, since they sold the truck I ordered at MSRP vs 1% below invoice. All's well that ends well, I guess.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somebody needs to take your stock wheels and tires off your Backcountry and sell them to me.

DillGree94

Reaction score
Just order my Backcountry because of all the options that the package offered. I love the two tone look, but cant get past the wheels and tires. Am I the only one who thinks the wheels and tires look too small and odd on this truck? Maybe I'm just being too critical, but the this almost stopped me from ordering one all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online