5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let it Snow

RebelMike

Reaction score
It's been snowing all afternoon where I am at. They are forecasting 5 to 8 inches of snow in my area. I am like a kid before Christmas vacation. I can't wait to get out of work and go play in the snow with my new truck. This is the first snow with the Rebel, and I fully intend to try it out.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Please do a good test of the eLocker. Take it to a parking lot and see how it affects turning. @alacombe already verified it kicking out at 27 mph and engaging at 20mph. Let us know how it acts when engaging again on the sloppy stuff.

I Want a Rebel.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
It's been snowing all afternoon where I am at. They are forecasting 5 to 8 inches of snow in my area. I am like a kid before Christmas vacation. I can't wait to get out of work and go play in the snow with my new truck. This is the first snow with the Rebel, and I fully intend to try it out.
Except I am stuck in philly trying to get home, watching one flight after another get canceled.:mad:

syddog 2000

Reaction score
No snow ever where I live however I made lots of money moving the stuff up north. I do miss the first snow loads of fun drifting lol

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just out playing in the snow. My development wasn’t plowed yet, about 3-4” on the roads and then just slush to 1” on the main roads. 4WD worked like expected in the 3-4” stuff, the gas pedal controls the amount of pivoting the truck does. ie, having fun. ;)

Auto 4WD impressed me. Not a lot different than my 14 but more refined and responsive. You could feel it go into 4WD when I was getting spirited with the pedal. The control however was what impressed me, it always felt like it was in control and I could not get the rear to slide out. My 14 had moments where I thought the nannies should have kicked in sooner and rather than assist me, it would save me.

Must have been a while since I pushed the gas pedal, haha, it sounded like a beast flooring it in 4WD.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please hang onto it for a couple of days before sending it down here. I'm hoping to get my truck tomorrow night or Saturday.

RebelMike

Reaction score
So we ended up getting a beat down last night. Got about 6" of snow in the afternoon into evening, then turned to sleet/freezing rain for a few hours, then back to all snow over night. woke up this morning to 13" total. Had a great time playing in it though. The Rebel worked great, not that I had any doubts though. I got to play rescue ranger as well as play around. Pulled a guy out of a ditch, and also picked up a friends wife who had gotten stranded along the road. I have to say I learned a few things too. Number one, this is my first truck with park sensors, THEY DO NOT LIKE SNOW. Turn those suckers off right away. Second, the factory wipers suck in snow/ice. I will be getting Michelin winter blades on tonight. The e-locker works almost seamlessly. If it weren't for the dash telling you when it engages or disengages, you wouldn't know. As mentioned, it does kick out at 27 mph, and back in at 20 mph. I did not notice any significant difference with turning when it was engaged. As for assisting with traction, I have to be honest, I really didn't feel that I was in any situation that it was needed, or helped. Which brings me to my next point. I have never been a fan of Goodyear Wrangler tires, but I have to say these Duratracs impressed me in the snow. Between the trucks capabilities, and the tires, I felt comfortable, safe, and in control. Plus I had fun. What else can you ask for? The only bad thing about it is, now the truck is filthy!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So we ended up getting a beat down last night. Got about 6" of snow in the afternoon into evening, then turned to sleet/freezing rain for a few hours, then back to all snow over night. woke up this morning to 13" total. Had a great time playing in it though. The Rebel worked great, not that I had any doubts though. I got to play rescue ranger as well as play around. Pulled a guy out of a ditch, and also picked up a friends wife who had gotten stranded along the road. I have to say I learned a few things too. Number one, this is my first truck with park sensors, THEY DO NOT LIKE SNOW. Turn those suckers off right away. Second, the factory wipers suck in snow/ice. I will be getting Michelin winter blades on tonight. The e-locker works almost seamlessly. If it weren't for the dash telling you when it engages or disengages, you wouldn't know. As mentioned, it does kick out at 27 mph, and back in at 20 mph. I did not notice any significant difference with turning when it was engaged. As for assisting with traction, I have to be honest, I really didn't feel that I was in any situation that it was needed, or helped. Which brings me to my next point. I have never been a fan of Goodyear Wrangler tires, but I have to say these Duratracs impressed me in the snow. Between the trucks capabilities, and the tires, I felt comfortable, safe, and in control. Plus I had fun. What else can you ask for? The only bad thing about it is, now the truck is filthy!

Let me know what size blades you buy...I can't find the size listed in the manual and the Michelin site doesn't have the 2019's listed. I think they are 24"

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Where's the "don't like" link? Been there and feel for you.
Made out of Philly Thursday night around 9:30 pm. Pretty sure the only reason we got out was the pilot had a hot date in Austin. Airport was caught with its pants down, 2 de-icers broke, the other ran out, we taxied back one time only to find a broken jet ramp, lol complete FUBAR. White knuckle ride out but arrived safely in Charlotte. Sunny and dry today, time for the Ram to get a bath

RebelMike

Reaction score
@202snowman, I was able to find the Michelin Optimum XL blades at my local Wallmart. They even have listings in the book for the 2019's both sides are 24" I have mine on and can verify they fit.

Glad to hear you made it out OK @Lakewake. Philly airport can be a pain in the **** when these storms hit. I have been in that situation once or twice, it's no fun.

Users who are viewing this thread