5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$$ Lessons Learned

MagMan1379

Reaction score
Even after careful research, trial and error is sometimes the only way to determine fitment on a vehicle. Case in point..

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport with a Mopar 2” lift(with update) on 35/12.5r22 Toyo RT on factory wheels.

The 35’s and the lift give the truck a narrow stance, so I investigated spacers. BORA is what I found to go with, and 1.75” a good size, as it prevented having to grind down the wheel studs and would give it a slightly wider stance and a more aggressive look. I know and have heard the arguments in spacers, but heavy towing and heavy off-road are not in this trucks future, so it was/is a safe decision.
BORAs by MotorSportTech are not cheap, but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

3 weeks later they arrive, and before I install all 4, I want to make sure fitment won’t be an issue, so I went to my local 4x4 off-road facility you discuss. Being a lite day, they were willing to test fit a front to make sure there was no issue. Good thing we did. Full lock pushed the wheel well a good inch, full rubbing, with WeatherTech mudflaps installed. No foreseeable amount of cutting of the well could compensate for the tire rub...

Trial and error, test fitment, saved me a whole lot of $$ in the long run from potential damages. Lesson Learned

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So you’re grabbing another set of wheels or smaller tires ?

Brrryan

Reaction score
I think the OP is aware 33s won’t cause any fitment issues.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man! Glad you caught it early though

ny2az

Reaction score
the 1.75" Bora spacers throw you out to far and the 35" tires will hit with only a 2" level kit...

Last edited:

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I don’t see how that could have worked but good on you for trying and testing it out beforehand. I’ve thought a lot about what combo I can try with my leveling kit. Thanks for sharing!

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you! I would heed the warning on wheel spacers for trucks. They will work for little hondas, just save yourself the heartache.

As far as longevity goes, obviously the OEM offset is the best, the farther you push them out, the more strain you will put on your front end. I intend on keeping oem wheels on this truck.

If you really want a more aggressive stance. I'd look into aftermarket wheels.

In the past, I have used https://www.willtheyfit.com to calculate different tire and wheel options. They give you a neat little graphic to go along with it, and really helps you visualize it.

That's just my opinion, and if you want to go with the spacers, it's your truck after all.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread