5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less than a month is what it took...

CallMeChris

Reaction score
For my wife to close the garage door on the back of my truck.

She hasn’t sent pictures yet but says the painted bumper is scraped pretty good and there is 1 deep scratch. She blames it on the truck being longer than our ‘16 ram was....I’m trying to not run around and kick puppies.

CallMeChris

Reaction score
I’ve already had my eye on the stealth fighter bumpers but planned on waiting until after the left was put on. She doesn’t realize she just gave me ammo to get them. Hahaha

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That seriously gave me a moment of hypertension/anxiety... uhg indeed. BUT, it's only metal and paint, take it as a sign you need to mod something and don't be too hard on the wife!

CallMeChris

Reaction score
This is painful to look at. I think I can get most of it off but that’s down way past the paint on the top.

8AAD783C-C884-4A13-A4F1-CC1FF8F8349E.jpeg

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Geese, that is a very fixable scratch. Stinks it is the first one and yes not very pretty. Could have been the the top of the tailgate, ie, much worse.

Me, I’d get it fixed and save a few nickels.

blownout1500

Reaction score
For my wife to close the garage door on the back of my truck.

She hasn’t sent pictures yet but says the painted bumper is scraped pretty good and there is 1 deep scratch. She blames it on the truck being longer than our ‘16 ram was....I’m trying to not run around and kick puppies.

Today my wife said “there’s a parking spot right next to that big rock”. She then proceeds to huck her door open directly into the rock as she gets out.

DeanKing

Reaction score
This is painful to look at. I think I can get most of it off but that’s down way past the paint on the top.

View attachment 8841
So live and learn. I always feel better when I can take action after a problem to prevent the next one. Gives me back a feeling of control over a bad situation. So let’s just assume eliminating the wife is off the table. I realized my truck is almost too long so I bought a piece of siding foam and installed it on the back wall of my garage. Now I drive forward until the front bumper touches. No guesswork and it leaves six inches behind the truck. I also have an opener so there is no need for a metal handle and lock on the inside of the door so those aren’t there. That scratch looks like the handle not the actual door. They make kits for the inside of a an auto opening door that is just a small metal foot pusher you put off to the side instead of a large metal handle in the middle. Get that thing off to prevent the next one. Also remove the manual lock since that is more metal you don’t need. Good luck with this scratch. Prevent the next one.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I narrowly avoided a head on crash doing 65 on the highway a few weeks ago. It was raining and the car in front of me spun out and Did a 180..had to swerve around her (I’m guessing!) to avoid smashing into her head on.. luckily nobody was coming in the other lane.. I was still pretty shaken up when I drove through the drive thru ATM at the bank and proceeded to scrape my front bumper and fender across the little yellow pole!! Lots of yellow paint transfer, multiple clear coat scratches and a 1” deep scratch. Thought I was going to throw up on the spot. Got all the yellow off with compound, 3000 grit wet sanded the clear coat scratches... buffed and waxed and touch up paint on the 1” scratch. I’m the only one that can notice it now. Needless to say, I now get out of the truck and use the ATM in the lobby!,

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you miss her?
Oh, if only it was that easy. :devilish:

I wonder why the women in our lives worry more about their handbag matching their shoes than they do about the safe parking of a vehicle? I've yet to meet a woman that can park competently. NOT sexist, just fact.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wonder why the women in our lives worry more about their handbag matching their shoes than they do about the safe parking of a vehicle? I've yet to meet a woman that can park competently. NOT sexist, just fact.

I found one and married her! She drove a diesel Excursion for 16 years and could park, back in, and parallel park that thing like a pro.
I got to where I didn't even watch as she was doing it.

Agitated

Reaction score

I would say most men around here are much worse about their trucks than women are about matching shoes and purses. I think they put their wives’ panties on when the wash and wax their trucks.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found one and married her! She drove a diesel Excursion for 16 years and could park, back in, and parallel park that thing like a pro.
I got to where I didn't even watch as she was doing it.

Awesome, same here. My wife has always driven every truck we have ever had as well as I did. Loaded, empty, livestock trailer, flatbed, gas, diesel, didn’t matter. She is a 5’2” tiny thing, kinda hot watching her maneuver the big trucks we have had, lol. She also use to go ATV or street bike riding with me every weekend (before the kids came along) and yes she had her motorcycle endorsement and her own bike! Kinda miss those days!

S

Smashy71

I lucked out and found one that’s more into cars and trucks than froo froo things. She decided she wanted a 30th anniversary trans am and found one. 1 of 175 6 speed convertibles and number 1301 of only 1600 made with all configurations. Has only 27k miles. She wants more and has decided to build a separate four car garage for toys.

Users who are viewing this thread