5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less than 1 year with a Tundra and I'm back into a Ram!

Bluram

Reaction score
Had a 2017 Pearl White Ram 1500 Longhorn from 2019 until a year ago when I was driving cross country and the transmission failed and I sold it and got into a Tundra. Once I got used to the Tundra and spent more time in it, I realized screw Toyota reliability, this things sucks compared to the ram's interiors and drive.

I missed everything about the Longhorn living in the Rockies, heated seats, heated steering wheel, drive, sound (hemi 4 life), etc.

Welp I'm back and this time in a 5th gen Limited with some new features (12in screen, rear locker, and e-torque).

Bought her off a 1 owner who leased it for the last 3 years. Going to ride the air suspension until it fails and replaced it with a 4 or 5 inch lift kit and 35s on some new wheels.
Good to be back and looking forward to sharing the progress as I build her out.

P.S. Those racks and tonneau cover are from my 4th gen. It's like I never left! ✊

Attachments

• Ram15001.jpg
    Ram15001.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Ram15003.jpg
    Ram15003.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Ram1500.jpg
    Ram1500.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 171

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is nothing like a Ram. I went down to a Durango 18 months ago, after I totaled my 21, because I just couldn't get another Ram at the time. It's a great vehicle, but it's not a Ram, so I ordered a new one.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome back! What's that shade you have in the window...looks to be a perfect blackout for the sun.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome back! What's that shade you have in the window...looks to be a perfect blackout for the sun.
Looks very similar to mine. It's a bit more crinkled once in use but blocks out 95%. Love it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_215113_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_215113_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 28

Bluram

Reaction score
Funny enough its a custom fit one from amazon for the 2010 tundra haha. Only about a 1/8 of an inch not covered.

WW2

Reaction score
I am nearing my warrantees expiration on my 2019 and test drove a new F150 for a possible replacement. I could'nt get back in my RAM fast enough..just sayin, I get it

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
welcome back!
The only thing I like about the new tundra is the ability to manually shift... that's about it.

Outfitted one the other day and even though it's nice, it's not RAM nice.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
When I bought my 23 Limited I also looked at a Silverado High Country. It looked 2nd class to the Ram especially in the interior fit and finish dept. Even though it was the updated interior it looked old.
Tom

6of36

Reaction score
When I bought my 23 Limited I also looked at a Silverado High Country. It looked 2nd class to the Ram especially in the interior fit and finish dept. Even though it was the updated interior it looked old.
Tom
GM is years behind, on many levels. My girlfriend just got a new Buick Enclave Avinir, their top of the line SUV. It lacks one touch up/down passenger window. The car doesn't notify when you receive a text. The thing has double sunroofs, instead of panoramic, and has a manual shade on the front sunroof. The surround view camera system is sub par. It does have massaging seats though, something Ram won't have until 25.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing Buick I ever liked was the Grand National although in the 80's I had a mid '84 5.0 mustang. Black with T tops. I was 16 yrs old and Grand Nationals used to smoke me. :)

6of36

Reaction score
The only thing Buick I ever liked was the Grand National although in the 80's I had a mid '84 5.0 mustang. Black with T tops. I was 16 yrs old and Grand Nationals used to smoke me. :)
It's extremely quiet, and a good ride. Stellantis doesn't make anything that can compare, unless you want to pay $100,000 for a Wagoneer, and that's too big. She actually wanted an Explorer, but the top of the line ones can't be sold, due to a safety recall, they have no fix for. Other than the quiet ride of the Buick, neither is as refined as a Ram.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
Interesting compaison between the Ram and Buick Enclave. I drive my second Ram Laramie Night Edition with the ORG and the wife drives a Buick Enclave "Essence" which is a "mid" package. The first reason we selected these was "best in class ride". Laramie is a 2023 the Enclave a 2022. Both Black in color and we enjoy driving them. Simple. Although I pipe in the Hemi sound when I have to drive her Enclave. Ha.

6of36

Reaction score
Interesting compaison between the Ram and Buick Enclave. I drive my second Ram Laramie Night Edition with the ORG and the wife drives a Buick Enclave "Essence" which is a "mid" package. The first reason we selected these was "best in class ride". Laramie is a 2023 the Enclave a 2022. Both Black in color and we enjoy driving them. Simple. Although I pipe in the Hemi sound when I have to drive her Enclave. Ha.
The Enclave has a smoother ride, but that is expected. However the Ram's seats are more comfortable than her massaging ones. When it comes to long trips, it's Ram all the way. Mileage isn't worth comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread