5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left rear window open

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two straight days of heavy down pour. Left my rear window open. My passenger side seat looks like the leather loosened up. I’m sick. They need to put a chime or something to remind us to close it. I am constantly leaving it open. Has anybody had this happen with the leather on the seat where you sit

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did this earlier this year, on a night that it flat poured. Dried the interior really well, cleaned the seats with a little soapy water then put some leather conditioner on them. Seemed to have some thing standing at first, but now they look totally normal.

I was fortunate that I could leave the truck in the garage for a couple of days while I dried it, and could leave the windows down.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I remember a long time ago watching Pimp My Ride and there was this device they installed in a person's car that would detect rain and automatically roll up all their windows. Because this person always kept leaving the windows down. Too bad you can't somehow tie it into the rain sensor that some of us already have on the windshield.

23RAM

Reaction score
Two straight days of heavy down pour. Left my rear window open. My passenger side seat looks like the leather loosened up. I’m sick.
As mentioned, dry it out thoroughly and you might be ok. You can add a bucket of "damp rid" in the back seat area to help.
They need to put a chime or something to remind us to close it. I am constantly leaving it open.
I don't think it's needed at all.
Imagine a chime when you leave your side windows down while talking beside the truck.
Or a chime when you drop the tailgate to get stuff out of the bed.
Or a chime when you leave the passenger door open for your wife to get in.
Or a chime because you left the slider open while parked in your garage.
All of those would get annoying real fast and people would be here complaining about the darned chimes.
🤪

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it could be an option to turn on and off like other options.

beetlespin

Reaction score
I just don't open my windows that way I won't forget to close them. It messes up my hair anyway,

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could try paying attention to your surroundings. In caveman times you would have been killed by a sabre tooth with that kind of awareness.
That’s why we need a chime, or an auto close feature. A saber tooth tiger could jump right in the open windows!

6of36

Reaction score
The bigger worry than the seat, is the electronics behind the seat. Watch for electrical issues in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread