5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left Foot Rest or Dummy Pedal?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been driving my BigHorn a little while now, and I'm finding that I want someplace to put my left foot. It won't reach all the way to the dash floor and gets uncomfortable/crampy after awhile resting on the heel while having to hold the toe up. I need something like a dummy pedal or a raised area on the floor to plant my left foot. Does anyone make such a thing?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I've been driving my BigHorn a little while now, and I'm finding that I want someplace to put my left foot. It won't reach all the way to the dash floor and gets uncomfortable/crampy after awhile resting on the heel while having to hold the toe up. I need something like a dummy pedal or a raised area on the floor to plant my left foot. Does anyone make such a thing?
Genuinely asking because I can't remember at the moment but is there not a left foot rest all the way to the left of the floor? My 11 maxima and 99 civic both have that.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe I saw a thread on here sometime ago where someone made a dead pedal. If you search I bet it won't take long to find

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Some people like dead pedals and some don't. I happen to like them. I think the best solution is a removable dead pedal like some other cars have. 3rd gen Honda Preludes had dead pedals which could be removed with a single bolt. I haven't seen anything for 5th gen Ram 1500's though.

Dewey

Reaction score
Can’t say I ever had that problem. My left foot normally rest flat in front of the seat like I’m sitting in a chair. Occasionally stretch up towards the firewall on longer rides.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Found the thread where a member made one, post #24:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found the thread where a member made one, post #24:

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it and will circle back.

Users who are viewing this thread