5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left Air Vent Fit?

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I live in California. I’m not sure if it’s the heat or what but today I noticed that the fit for the left dash vent isn’t good. It looks like it’s popped out on the left lower side of the vent. Does anyone else have this issue. I’ve tried to push it into place but it won’t like click into place. Anyone else have this issue. I’ll include a picture shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illucid

Reaction score
I live in California. I’m not sure if it’s the heat or what but today I noticed that the fit for the left dash vent isn’t good. It looks like it’s popped out on the left lower side of the vent. Does anyone else have this issue. I’ve tried to push it into place but it won’t like click into place. Anyone else have this issue. I’ll include a picture shortly.

I would just pop the whole thing out and try to put it back in straight. The whole vent and bezel pop out pretty easy with a trim tool. At the very least you'll be able to see any issues behind it.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I would just pop the whole thing out and try to put it back in straight. The whole vent and bezel pop out pretty easy with a trim tool. At the very least you'll be able to see any issues behind it.

Thank you for that. Do you know where there are instructions on how to pop it off or what the tool is called?

illucid

Reaction score
Thank you for that. Do you know where there are instructions on how to pop it off or what the tool is called?

You can use anything thats plastic and can pry behind the trim piece that goes around the vent. Be careful not to scratch the material though. Better off if you buy an auto trim tool set off amazon or something and use that. Takes a little pressure to start popping out but then it's easy. I've done it on mine and you'll be fine. Good luck

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I need to see what you mean, I'll check my truck as well.

As you can see the bottom left side is popped out. I’ve tried pushing it back down but won’t catch. When you look at it head on it looks fine. IMG_5602.jpg IMG_5603.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As you can see the bottom left side is popped out. I’ve tried pushing it back down but won’t catch. When you look at it head on it looks fine. View attachment 32332 View attachment 32333

Just confirmed with mine it's flush, I would just have the dealer take a look. If it's a loose catch, they can probably remove and snap it back in for you, or maybe a broken clip, they can order you a new one.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Just confirmed with mine it's flush, I would just have the dealer take a look. If it's a loose catch, they can probably remove and snap it back in for you, or maybe a broken clip, they can order you a new one.

Awesome. Thanks for the feed back man. I’ll have to reach out to the dealer but my experience with the two local dealers out here hasn’t been great.

Users who are viewing this thread