5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leer/Century Tonneau Cover - Bed Rug

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are in the market for a hard fiberglass tonneau cover I've had the Leer 700 on the last 3 trucks I've owned and have been extremely pleased. Just had the one below installed on my new 2023.

My primary use of a pickup is to haul gear I need secured and out of the weather. If I need to haul something that will not fit under the tonneau, I have a trailer for that.

The Leer 700 and Century Silhouette are exactly the same tonneau cover. They come off the same assembly line and get a Leer or Century sticker on the outside at the end of assembly depending on the dealer that will receive it. Mine had a Century sticker but the pulls and hardware on the inside said Leer.

The remote lock option is well worth the extra $160 it costs. It connects to your truck's door lock wiring so the cover locks and unlocks with your doors. I had this option on my last truck and it performed flawlessly for the 6 years I owned the truck.

I've also had BedRugs installed in every truck I've owned and would not be without them. The tailgate mat makes a nice padded surface to assemble and clean O/U shotguns. The bed mat does much better at preventing things from sliding around than the spray in liner and is nice on the knees. Bedrugs are 100% water proof and you can blast them clean with pressure washer if needed. You can use them with or without a cover.

I'm really not a paid spokesman for these products but I have purchased 3 Leer 700 tonneaus over 10 years and have used BedRugs for 20 years in my last 5 trucks. Both products have been outstanding.

Leer1.jpg

Leer2.jpg

themust

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I want the bed rug but am being cheap and think I can get a carpet remnant and use that. Is there any wear and tear on the bed rug? Does it fray? Anyway, thanks again for posting.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I want the bed rug but am being cheap and think I can get a carpet remnant and use that. Is there any wear and tear on the bed rug? Does it fray? Anyway, thanks again for posting.

I've not had any issues with wear, fraying or tearing buy I don't really drag stuff in and out that would wear on it. If I were going to haul a load of concrete blocks I would either temporarily remove the bed rug or use care and not drag them across the surface.

I got it on Amazon for $179 and thought it was a pretty inexpensive accessory given how often I use it. The BedRug is custom cut to fit the bed of your truck so it makes for a very professional looking install. It's also impervious to moisture and most chemicals. The floor is molded to fit the ribs of your bed so it makes for a flat padded floor.

Edited to Add: For my last few trucks I've purchased the bedrug floor mat with separate tailgate pad. However, the full BedRug with integrated tailgate mat is very nice as well. I had the full mats on my 01 and 04 Rams.

Bedrug.jpg

Last edited:

themust

Reaction score
On Amazon there is a bed mat for 179 but it doesn’t appear that it goes up the sides the way yours does. There’s also a $429 bed liner that looks more like what you have. I also have the MFT so that may add a wrinkle

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On Amazon there is a bed mat for 179 but it doesn’t appear that it goes up the sides the way yours does. There’s also a $429 bed liner that looks more like what you have. I also have the MFT so that may add a wrinkle

The last photo is of a truck I owned years ago with the full bedrug. My new truck (original post) has the factory spray in bedliner so I just purchased the floor mat and tailgate pad. The bedrug mat is $179 and the tailgate mat is sold separately for around $60.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The BedRug Classic Bed Liner is not yet a fit for the MFTG. We don't have an ETA for fitment for the MFTG, however the BedRug Classic Bed Mat fits the floor of the truck bed. You don't get a full liner, but you do still have the same great protection. Just as described, the BedRug polypropylene material is super easy to maintain and keeps your cargo in place.

If you have any questions on fitment, availability, ship times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online