5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEDs out on instrument cluster

Jmathews77

Reaction score
IMG_1126.jpeg

Just picked up a 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn and I absolutely love it! What a truck! Only thing that's wrong with it is that it looks to have a couple of the LEDs out behind the cluster, right on the speedometer and tachometer gauges. Middle of them are much dimmer than the rest of the cluster. I looked around and couldn't find any info on replacing the LEDs, just info on replacing the entire cluster. Is it possible to open the cluster unit and just replace the lights?

Jmathews77

Reaction score
have you try playing with the brightness to see if it has any impact on them before replacement?
Yes, I tried from full brightness, all the way down to full dim. The pic above was at one click below full brightness, as that's the level I like to keep it at, but at full brightness, the problem is more pronounced.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wonder if that won't turn into a sign that your 2019 is due for a new battery.
I remember the day I took mine to the dealer for a replacement the cluster would go from full bright to dimming and then it stay that way until the battery was replaced

Jmathews77

Reaction score
Battery level is right around 14 volts and steady. Not an expert though, so not sure if it could read that but still be ready for replacement. All other systems/lights/displays are functioning normally.

Users who are viewing this thread