5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leds for halogen housings

D-dub

Reaction score
I've been looking on here for the most current info on led bulbs for my Ram. Are Lasfit the only option, or are there other alternatives now? Tia!

Loudram

Reaction score
There are plenty of options. I'm currently using these in my low beams and I like them. They came out of the box properly clocked. Total plug and play, no CANbus issues. I've had these in since the end of November. No external drivers or wires to deal with either. I wrote a review on Amazon about these bulbs. It's under Todd.

Ignore it if Amazon says they don't fit our trucks. They definitely fit.

Fasato H11 LED Headlight Bulbs, 400% Brighter 1:1 Mini Size Low Beam High Beam Replacement, 6500K Cool White H8 H9 LED Headlight Conversion Kits, IP67 Waterproof, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/f8wRKmA

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are plenty of options. I'm currently using these in my low beams and I like them. They came out of the box properly clocked. Total plug and play, no CANbus issues. I've had these in since the end of November. No external drivers or wires to deal with either. I wrote a review on Amazon about these bulbs. It's under Todd.

Ignore it if Amazon says they don't fit our trucks. They definitely fit.

Fasato H11 LED Headlight Bulbs, 400% Brighter 1:1 Mini Size Low Beam High Beam Replacement, 6500K Cool White H8 H9 LED Headlight Conversion Kits, IP67 Waterproof, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/f8wRKmA
I don't like those they have a fan. Just something to break.

I prefer to get LEDs with a decent metal heatsink with no moving parts, but can always replace them if they die in 5 years or so.
I have been using JDM leds and they seem to be pretty decent (interior leds, fogs, reverse).

I would go for something like this

I use these on my Acadia for reverse lights, and I put them in my Silverado also. As bright as headlights.

Loudram

Reaction score
The nice thing is the LED's I'm using were free because of the Vine program. I'll use them till they die. The last ones I bought were Fahren's. That was for my '19 Classic. I liked them. If I bought another set it would be them.

To the OP I would recommend getting one piece bulbs. Avoid the ones with all the external wires. Fan or no fan is your call. I've never had an issue with fans. Both of the bulbs listed so far are decent without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
I prefer halogen lights as of now bc I'm just used to putting led/hid bulbs in my vehicles, that being said I went with lastfit bulbs. First I tried carbon fiber headlight covers and didn't like them so I changed the chrome headlights with night edition headlights and rear taillights to led, programming them with alfa-obd. I was scared that these led headlights will prematurely fail and I bet factory led assemblies are about $700 a piece... here are some photos.
The nice thing is the LED's I'm using were free because of the Vine program. I'll use them till they die. The last ones I bought were Fahren's. That was for my '19 Classic. I liked them. If I bought another set it would be them.

To the OP I would recommend getting one piece bulbs. Avoid the ones with all the external wires. Fan or no fan is your call. I've never had an issue with fans. Both of the bulbs listed so far are decent without breaking the bank.

20220605_204107.jpg 20220605_203609-1-1.jpg 20230109_140236~3-1-2.jpg 20230109_140323~2.jpg 20221212_102506~2-1.jpg Screenshot 2023-02-10 11.25.47 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread