5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED upgrade

rramos85

Reaction score
So i'm thinking of buying the LED headlight (UPGRADE PICTURE) set as the picture shows.
I currently have the LoneStar (MINE Picture) which did not come with LED headlights.
Does anyone know if they would just be plug and play? (take out the current headlights and screw the new ones in) or would i need to do any electrical modifications?
this is for the whole headlight assembly i would be replacing not just the bulb.

Attachments

• Mine.png
    Mine.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 68
  • upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To get the full OEM LED look of the upgraded LED packages I believe it will be difficult, espeically if its a quick plug in play fix you are looking for. Some have just swapped out the halogens for LED versions but it will not have the same look like the one on the upgrade picture you attached. Here is a discussion on the issues on the subject: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/headlight-replacement.1817/

rramos85

Reaction score
Thanks, i would just go and try it but the cheapest i have found them for is $400 each on Ebay,
I found this video and they upgraded the taillights with no issues
So if i come across 400 spare dollars to spend i will go for it and update the post to see if it worked, thanks!

Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread