5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Tailgate Bar with Ram Box??

subcompactjake

Reaction score
Anyone installed an LED Tailgate Bar on a 2019 with Ram Boxes?? Just taking a quick look today at my new Ram it doesn’t seem like a good surface to do so not flat and has the wiring for the Tailgate coming out right in the middle. If anyone has, any help and pics would be appreciated!

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Take a look at the other recent tailgate post on here. The wiring is there on all our trucks (it's for the backup camera). You have to create stand offs to hold the light bar away from the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonJr

Reaction score
I have RamBox and have installed a Putco Led light bar. Use the supplied mounting bracket, allows you the remove the light bar to get to the tail gate wires.

rwo978

Reaction score
I mounted/stuck the brake/reverse light led strip almost at the very top level of where it would fit under the tailgate. I unsnapped the camera wiring plate and slid it down, leaving just enough room for the single row led strip. The plate is mostly secure, but is also not fully attached or snapped into place.

Users who are viewing this thread