5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Tail light replacement

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I was away for some time and came back to discover my brother backed my 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie into the neighbor's mailbox. I pulled the tail light out and its 68262530AH. So it has blind spot detection. $850 from RAM plus the body work he probably owes me $2000+. Just checking if someone has found a suitable aftermarket light? I'm thinking that part number is expensive because it includes the module. I can't be sure though

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was away for some time and came back to discover my brother backed my 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie into the neighbor's mailbox. I pulled the tail light out and its 68262530AH. So it has blind spot detection. $850 from RAM plus the body work he probably owes me $2000+. Just checking if someone has found a suitable aftermarket light? I'm thinking that part number is expensive because it includes the module. I can't be sure though
Sounds like it's your brother's problem

Peebs1021

Reaction score
If he was that irresponsible, he wouldn't be driving my truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If he was that irresponsible, he wouldn't be driving my truck.
True, but sometimes you don't know how responsible a person really is until something like this happens. Purely speculation though because for all we know the brother may have already said he's paying for any repairs.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
My brother says he will pay for the repairs, but he is penniless. The story is, I only live part time in USA and while I was gone he moved my truck out of the driveway and hit the neighbor's mailbox. I just want to order the tail light and the body damage he can do over the winter because I will be gone until April 2024.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
I actually just replaced my tail lights because I turned too sharp backing my camper and lightly cracked my driver’s lense. I’ll give you a deal on my undamaged passenger one if it will work. I upgraded both to the blackout ones.

So your truck is equipped with blind spot monitoring? My passenger assembly doesn’t have the radar for it.

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 4 brothers and we have destroyed many things. Almost sunk my dad's boat. Forgot the plug. No joke.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score

Here’s the link for the cheapo replacement company. These do have the radars for blind spot detection. The ones I bought without the radars work fine, I actually think the LED’s are slightly brighter than OEM.

Edit: above are the blackout assembly’s. Here’s the link for the standard ones. $181.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread