5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED lighting available on Tradesman?

Chirp08

Reaction score
I honestly think the Tradesman front end might be my favorite of them all. I hope the Big Horn is the same grille just chromed out. Kinda surprised at the lights as well. I know fleet guys prefer halogens just because they are cheaper to replace.

trainman

Reaction score
I like the LED lighting and said I would not purchase a vehicle without it, well I did, a new 2019 Lonestar edition 4X4 crew cab. I have growen to like the front end and think it's pretty nice looking even without the LED's. I purchased it to pull our travel trailer so I didn't want to spend more dollars on one of the upper models which wouldn't have added much for that purpose. All being said the Lonestar edition with its added options makes it a very nice equipped truck. I did see where a manufacture is working on grille LED lights that would mount on each side of the grille where the RAM is located, I think that would be a great addition to the front end. All that chrome is easier to clean off bugs then those painted surfaces, I know from past experiences.

trainman

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
I'm at the point now where I'm NOT going to 'pull the trigger' on a new 4th gen HD truck; (diesel, reg. cab DRW). So my question is, what's the best way to get at the front of the line for ordering? Should I ask my dealership to stay open and order for me as soon as 'Ram' opens their site for ordering... Or can I just do it directly from my computer. Is there any indication / notification coming up as to when ordering will be made possible?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These were supposed to go on order 9NOV. But no one verified 100% for sure that it is the 4.5 Gen that was considered 2019.

I don't know anything about the order process from personal experience, but there is all kinds of info here about it.

Pretty sure you have to use a dealer, and the online build and price, once up and running, will be wrong in one way or another.

Someone here did actually talk to a dealer about orderingthe 2019. Not sure who off the top of my head...but it is in one of the HD threads.

Users who are viewing this thread