5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Light Upgrades

RickWaz

Reaction score
Has anybody upgraded their existing LED Fog Lights or LED Backup Lights? According to the 2020 Ram manual, these are "Serviced At An Authorized Dealer".

I'd like to replace the (white) LED Fog lights w/ amber LEDs and the LED backup lights w/ 5000K, 800+ Lumen LEDs.

Not sure if these are sealed housing w/ the existing LEDs or simply plug-and-play LEDs. Thanks!

pabla

Reaction score
I believe the LEDs in the limited are all solder to the boards, therefor you cant just swap out the LEDs for another LED It would require the full replacement of the whole unit.

RickWaz

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Similar to the sealed housings for the "LED accent/striper lights". If you want brighter and/or different color accent LEDs, the housings have to be baked open to replace the LEDs and boards, then the housings re-sealed. So sad!

Donaldo

Reaction score
Anyone add two LED lights to front grill? These are the two recess areas ether side of the Ram logo on the Limited. They are used for lighting options on emergency and construction vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone add two LED lights to front grill? These are the two recess areas ether side of the Ram logo on the Limited. They are used for lighting options on emergency and construction vehicles.

Guys have put them in they are the RC light kits. I have never seen a emergency vehicle or construction vehicle with them there, as it's way to high of a trim level for it :giggle:

Reverse

Reaction score

Rough Country sells lights for those areas:

Reverse

Reaction score
Those are for the grille, the pic that @ramButz showed us is in the fog light opening.

I was replying to the OP, not Rambutz:

"Anyone add two LED lights to front grill? These are the two recess areas ether side of the Ram logo on the Limited. "

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was replying to the OP, not Rambutz:

"Anyone add two LED lights to front grill? These are the two recess areas ether side of the Ram logo on the Limited. "
I've seen pics posted on this site of members trucks with lights in those slots. Look, and you will run across them somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread