5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED install question

Renegade3

Reaction score
I’ve got my ram apart to put the OEM LEDs on and realized that the bottom portion (black piece that sits below the headlight) won’t work from the halogens. Looks like the heat sink is in the way. Anyone have a part # for that?
What purpose does that serve other than a place to clip in the front trim? I almost did it without that piece but don’t want to jack anything up.

knightro84

Reaction score
The part number for the bracket is the same for the halogen and LED headlamps - so the ones from your halogen lights should fit?

Part numbers are 68432393AA and 68432394AA

Last edited:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
You would be the first person to have this issue. Tons of people have completed the factory midline LED upgrade using the the same headlight base that the halogens use.

Renegade3

Reaction score
You would be the first person to have this issue. Tons of people have completed the factory midline LED upgrade using the the same headlight base that the halogens use.
I'll dig back into it, as I stopped last night. The more I thought about it, the more I think I was just tired and not looking at the base correctly.

mjtodd

Reaction score
I just swapped out the Halogens with OEM LED headlights on my 2020 Bighorn today and didn't have an issue. They should fit nicely.

Renegade3

Reaction score
Yeah, it was good to go I was tired and not paying enough attention. Do you know if the fog lights to LED are plug and play after reversing the wires?

mjtodd

Reaction score
Yeah, it was good to go I was tired and not paying enough attention. Do you know if the fog lights to LED are plug and play after reversing the wires?

I believe you still have to hit the BCM afterwards, but not exactly sure why. Infotainment has the install video on their YouTube channel for a halogen to LED fog upgrade and they have to do it. Glad your headlight install went well. It really changes the look of the truck for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online