5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led headlights

D-dub

Reaction score
I've been looking at led lights to replace the halogen bulbs. I've browsed through the forums already. I've seen alot about HR, Diode Dynamics, Lasfit and other brands on Amazon. Not trying to beat a dead horse here.

U

User_34235

Lasfit here as well and have had them on the truck for only a few months but they are holding up well. No issues with warning lights but they do not make changing out the lights very easy.

D-dub

Reaction score
Lasfit here as well and have had them on the truck for only a few months but they are holding up well. No issues with warning lights but they do not make changing out the lights very easy.
Did you go thru the fender well or did you change them from the top side?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Mine are rock solid after 2+ years and harsh weather from heavy rains, Texas winter storm, etc.

Yes, head and fog lamps through fender wells. It’s pretty easy just watch all their YouTube vids.

Think the relatively hardest was interior dome lights but again just watch their vids and should be no problem.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Mine are rock solid after 2+ years and harsh weather from heavy rains, Texas winter storm, etc.

Yes, head and fog lamps through fender wells. It’s pretty easy just watch all their YouTube vids.

Think the relatively hardest was interior dome lights but again just watch their vids and should be no problem.
Sounds like you replaced the interior lights with LED? Are you able to start your truck with one or any of your doors open? I replaced my interior with LED (not lasfit, Sylvana bulbs I got from Oreilys), dome and map lights and I have to have all doors closed before the truck will actually start.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have to re-aim your headlights?
Yes, of course and I even posted with pictures on this forum how to do it. Easiest job ever and the Lasfits have performed flawlessly since day one. I have them interior and exterior, and am extremely happy with them.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Sure enough, my start up issue is related to the LED bulbs I replaced in cargo and interior. I set them to OFF, left the door open and it started with no problem. It was a pain changing those map lights so I'll just leave them and use this work around.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure enough, my start up issue is related to the LED bulbs I replaced in cargo and interior. I set them to OFF, left the door open and it started with no problem. It was a pain changing those map lights so I'll just leave them and use this work around.

Are you referring to remote starting of your truck? If so, then this is a known problem caused by the third (cargo) break light...it is fixed by replacing it with the newer led from Lasfit which they will swap out with you. Assuming your 3rd brake light is Lasfit. Google it or search on this site as it is a known problem but easily rectified.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
I had great luck with these in my 19 low beams and fogs. I have a set left that I should sell, that I bought for my high beams but didn't install before trading.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Gwatt, guess I’m not tracking why you’d want to start truck with doors open anyway 🤔

gwatt86

Reaction score
Are you referring to remote starting of your truck? If so, then this is a known problem caused by the third (cargo) break light...it is fixed by replacing it with the newer led from Lasfit which they will swap out with you. Assuming your 3rd brake light is Lasfit. Google it or search on this site as it is a known problem but easily rectified.
Not remote start, it works fine. This is just trying to start the truck if the doors are open.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Gwatt, guess I’m not tracking why you’d want to start truck with doors open anyway 🤔
I've got small kids and live in Texas so it would be nice to get the truck started while I'm loading them in car seats so AC is going. At the end of the day, remote start works and I can do that as we are walking up to the truck so its not a huge deal. Just strange more than anything that these LED bulbs interfere the way they do if they aren't Lasfit.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure that’s related to LED bulb functioning. I’ll have to test that out. But even to remote start you have to have all doors closed... and also locked.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure that’s related to LED bulb functioning. I’ll have to test that out. But even to remote start you have to have all doors closed... and also locked.
Just did some more testing a bit ago: I thought I had to turn the interior lights off for it to work. Turns out, its the cargo lights. I had door open, interior lights on, and turned off cargo lights and it started every time. Turn cargo lights back on, doesn't start with door open.

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to the site and just bought a 2022 Big Horn Night Edition. I installed the lasfit bulbs in lows and fogs. I do not have a nice cut off as I have seen on YouTube. I have the chips at 3 and 9 and the wire at 6. Am I doing something wrong. I lowered them a bunch as my first test drive I was flashed by first 2 cars I passed. Any suggestions

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adjusting the aiming lower can help.

Users who are viewing this thread