5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED headlight & Fogs

Black19

Reaction score
I replaced the stock halogens with LED from underground lightning. The headlights (low beams only) are great. Bright, adjusted to not blind anyone. Great upgrade from stock. The fogs are the same with the exception on the drivers side. Seems to flicker and dim and then work great. Sent it back to underground lighting and Danny was amazing in checking it for over 8 hrs on the bench. He said the light is working no issues. While he had the light I swapped the fogs and the drivers side acted up the same way. Danny advised to try a anti flicker module or…..this is his email copied and pasted below.
“ We can try the anti flicker module. Its sounds like your oem plug is dropping voltage randomly. Which is not normal and i don't know why. If it's dropping to 9v the anti flicker should solve this. If it's below you need to find out why. Can be a bad ground or computer program the dealer would have to get involved. So with a halogen you won't see the power drop cause flicker it will go dimmer and will cause the bulbs to burn out fast.”
Has anyone had this issue? Not sure what to try next, the anti flicker module did not help.

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
Maybe there is an intermittent short in your wiring harness? Loose pin in a plug or worn insulation or something.

Sounds like a lot of voltmeter checking if you want to see where it's happening.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced the stock halogens with LED from underground lightning. The headlights (low beams only) are great. Bright, adjusted to not blind anyone. Great upgrade from stock. The fogs are the same with the exception on the drivers side. Seems to flicker and dim and then work great. Sent it back to underground lighting and Danny was amazing in checking it for over 8 hrs on the bench. He said the light is working no issues. While he had the light I swapped the fogs and the drivers side acted up the same way. Danny advised to try a anti flicker module or…..this is his email copied and pasted below.
“ We can try the anti flicker module. Its sounds like your oem plug is dropping voltage randomly. Which is not normal and i don't know why. If it's dropping to 9v the anti flicker should solve this. If it's below you need to find out why. Can be a bad ground or computer program the dealer would have to get involved. So with a halogen you won't see the power drop cause flicker it will go dimmer and will cause the bulbs to burn out fast.”
Has anyone had this issue? Not sure what to try next, the anti flicker module did not help.
We had a set of Underground Lighting LEDs on one of our family Lone Stars and they were nothing but trouble with Danny telling me what to do.

They were a lot of trouble and we ended up dumping them for Lasfit which performed flawlessly.

We will never purchase Underground Lighting again…all one has to do is Google their address to see there are a UPS mailbox. Danny and his LEDs were a bust for us.

I hope your experience get better otherwise I’d return them to Danny for a full refund.

TVANVA

Reaction score
Swap the drivers and passenger side fog lights and see if the problem moves. Then you will at least know who to point the fickle finger of fate at.

Black19

Reaction score
I have already swapped and the problem stayed on the drivers side….checked for loose wires nothing found. Looks like a deeper dive into this is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread