5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED headlight bulb change issue

JCR1500

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I changed my headlight bulbs to GTR Lighting Ultra 2s a week ago. When I was installing the high beams I was test fitting them in order to clock the leds to 3 and 9 oclock and I have loosened the set screw in the collar...thought it was tight enough..but when I went to put them in the housing I think the screw backed out and now I can't get the bulb out but the weird thing is if the screw did back out the bulb should turn 360 degrees but they still only turn a 1/4 turn. Has this happened to anyone and if so how did you get them out. I think I need to take the headlights out and work with them on a bench which isn't a big deal.

BTW, if you are looking at leds these are extremely bright...a little pricey..but worth it in my opinion.

Jarrett Roseboom

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
i used some red loctite on my set screws, to get them out if its free spinning its going to need you to go in from wheel well with long needle nose and twist them out, the hard part will be if your set screw fell out your going to have to take off your housing and shake it...maybe magnet if your lucky

JCR1500

Reaction score
Just as a follow up I took the headlights out and what the problem I found was that the bulbs where locked in the socket..but the taps on the bulbs were not in the right location. The set screw was still in the collar so it wasn't that. I took the bulbs out after a little work and then found which way they go in the socket correctly. Actually taking the headlights out and putting the bulbs in on a bench was a lot easier then trying to install them on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread