5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led Fog Lights

Merc300x

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the color of their LED fog lights? I was hoping for a quick bulb change but it looks like the LED is part of the housing. Diode dynamics makes an aftermarket kit but I was hoping to keep the stock look.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the color of their LED fog lights? I was hoping for a quick bulb change but it looks like the LED is part of the housing. Diode dynamics makes an aftermarket kit but I was hoping to keep the stock look.
I think all the LED’s on the stock truck are sealed units .

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I don't have Factory LED's but my buddy does, IIRC they are sealed he put Lamin-x film over his a couple months ago.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I don't have Factory LED's but my buddy does, IIRC they are sealed he put Lamin-x film over his a couple months ago.
This is what i did, but I have halogen fogs. I found it easier to remove the whole fog light unit, unplug it and then apply the film over the lens with a hair dryer. All in all took an hour for both from unbolting to reinastalling.

You can kind of see the finished product in my profile pic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread