5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED fog light wiring(swapping) question

Apeman

Reaction score
2019 Rebel

I've seen where people warn about warning lights on the dash when messing with lights on these trucks. Here's what I'm thinking about doing and wondering if I'll have issues.

I like the light that the factory fogs put out. I hate that they shut off when the high beams are on. There are a lot of deer around me and I don't like losing the light on the side of the road when running high beams. I have a 12" bar and 2 rigid SAE fog lights in the lower grille. I'm having trouble getting the rigids to shine far enough to the sides because of their location. What I was hoping to do was get new wiring harnesses(don't want to cut factory wiring)and swap wires so that the rigids would come on with the headlight/fog light switch and the factory fogs come on with the switch I added for the rigids. That way I can run the factory fogs as an add on light source. Will the computer think there's a problem if the factory switch powers the rigids?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use a Tazer to make the OEM fog lights stay on with high beams (maybe AlfaOBD can do it too). Super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread