5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED fog light conversion Question

Reaction score
Good day all,
New to the forum. Purchased a 21 Bighorn couple months ago and now I am starting the upgrades.
Rough Country Loaded strut 3.5” lift
Go Rhino BR 5.5 winch bumper
Rough Country 12k winch
IArmor drop steps/nerf bars
BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2

Now for my question. Has anyone reconfigured the factory halogen fog/driving lights to the 3” square pod style LED? What would need to be reconfigured on the truck side to make these work?
I am currently manufacturing brackets to install OEM lamps into the bumper, but would like to use the GO Rhino flush Mount plates for square pods.
Will update with pictures in a couple weeks as all the parts are trickling in and plan on spending my Veteran's day holiday weekend installing upgrades.

friendshipm

Reaction score
When I first swapped my bumper on my BigHorn, I used the factory wiring to power my Rigid pods. Just cut the ends off of the factory harness and swapped them with the ends from the Rigid harness. Easy and simple. What I did not like, was the fogs turning on when you turned the wheels as it was blinding... So I eventually moved them over to their own dedicated switch and tucked the factory wiring into the bumper to be fogotten.

Reaction score
When I first swapped my bumper on my BigHorn, I used the factory wiring to power my Rigid pods. Just cut the ends off of the factory harness and swapped them with the ends from the Rigid harness. Easy and simple. What I did not like, was the fogs turning on when you turned the wheels as it was blinding... So I eventually moved them over to their own dedicated switch and tucked the factory wiring into the bumper to be fogotten.
This was an option I was considering. Did disconnecting the factory harness create any faults in the lighting control Module?
I will be mounting a snow plow during winter and would love to disable the lights turning on with turn signal or steering wheel movement at low speeds.

Apeman

Reaction score
Diode dynamics sells a complete kit. I ran them in an F150 and they were great. You can get a regular fog light or the SAE fogs. They're on sale now with 15% off

Users who are viewing this thread