5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Bulbs

20nightEdition

Reaction score
I have the same issue, I only replaced the cargo lights in the third brake lamp and have to manually turn them off when the door is open to start the truck or take the fob out of my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToeKnee

Reaction score
Warning!!! I have Lastfit everything in my truck and two days ago I replaced the third brake light and cargo lights and I’m having issues with my key fob not being detected. There is a threat on here with other truck owners having the same issue. The LED lights they make are dope but just be aware when it comes to purchasing the third brake light.

Is it only the third brake light replacement that’s causing issues? To bad was considering replacing the third brake light too.

Sapper13

Reaction score
Is it only the third brake light replacement that’s causing issues? To bad was considering replacing the third brake light too.

Yes, with Lastfit brand. I’ve read some other truck owners buying a different brand third brake light and they haven’t had a problem.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Warning!!! I have Lastfit everything in my truck and two days ago I replaced the third brake light and cargo lights and I’m having issues with my key fob not being detected. There is a threat on here with other truck owners having the same issue. The LED lights they make are dope but just be aware when it comes to purchasing the third brake light.

I have had the LASFIT LED lights in the cargo/brake for the last 5 months, as well as many other locations in and on the truck, and have had zero issues. I love my LASFIT interior and exterior lights and recommend them to everyone.

Sapper13

Reaction score
I have had the LASFIT LED lights in the cargo/brake for the last 5 months, as well as many other locations in and on the truck, and have had zero issues. I love my LASFIT interior and exterior lights and recommend them to everyone.

It’s seams like it’s a 50/50 chance for some one to get the cargo light/fob issue. I love my LASFIT LED lights, I’m not trying to say they make a ****ty product but there’s definitely an issue.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It’s seams like it’s a 50/50 chance for some one to get the cargo light/fob issue. I love my LASFIT LED lights, I’m not trying to say they make a ****ty product but there’s definitely an issue.

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones of the group. My last LASFIT upgrade getting installed this week will be the Switchback fogs. Keeping my fingers crossed my luck continues with my LASFIT products.

Alptbird

Reaction score
if it is the 3rd brake light causing the trouble you may get the ALfaOBD and set the truck to recognize the 3rd brake as an LED it may solve the issue. these trucks like thing to be a certain way. and if the Canbus system isn't happy weird things happen.

Shives

Reaction score
If your having problems with the CHMSL make sure it’s set to LED ON. Other wise as mentioned crazy stuff happens. I just installed the LED and got that message. Then, re programmed with Alfa obd. No more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online