5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led bulbs

Mreid12000

Reaction score
I’m sure there is a forum for this but I can’t seem to find it so here it goes I got a 2020 ram 1500 big horn and I want to swap out original ho build for led bulbs does anyone have any suggestions on good ones to use and do they do ok with dtl

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure there is a forum for this but I can’t seem to find it so here it goes I got a 2020 ram 1500 big horn and I want to swap out original ho build for led bulbs does anyone have any suggestions on good ones to use and do they do ok with dtl
All the LED lights you need for your truck is here: LASFIT

sparty569

Reaction score
I used LaseFit and they made a custom bundle for me. I wanted mostly Green LED's with some white ones for Vanity and Cargo Lights. They were great, got them quickly and was/am very happy with them.

I'll probably go back with them when I decide to do the head / tail lights.

klotz50

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20200916_173031.jpg
    20200916_173031.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200916_173047.jpg
    20200916_173047.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 25

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Your glovebox lightbulb is probably not LED either...
Correct.
He will need glovebox, vanity mirrors, third brake light, and cargo lights.

Boggles the mind that they would skimp on those when the rest of the truck has LEDs everywhere...

AZHUND

Reaction score
Not sure if you are swapping on the interiors but if you are here’s how to do it:

Got me excited that would finally show how to replace the upper glove box light.... nope, instead 6 minutes on the map lights that were the most self-explanatory (to me) of the whole interior. I went super cheap on my interior LEDs as I had prior experience with $$ ones and cheap ones and both eventually start flickering and need replacing. So now I just go straight for cheap. I have 2 sets of the "D15" LEDs on Amazon (bought two sets for extras and because doesn't come with enough for the glove boxes to also get LEDs (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F8D8WN9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). So far, so good. Just stuck with being annoyed with that top glove box and its hidden access to the bulb...

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got me excited that would finally show how to replace the upper glove box light.... nope, instead 6 minutes on the map lights that were the most self-explanatory (to me) of the whole interior. I went super cheap on my interior LEDs as I had prior experience with $$ ones and cheap ones and both eventually start flickering and need replacing. So now I just go straight for cheap. I have 2 sets of the "D15" LEDs on Amazon (bought two sets for extras and because doesn't come with enough for the glove boxes to also get LEDs (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F8D8WN9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). So far, so good. Just stuck with being annoyed with that top glove box and its hidden access to the bulb...

I did the glove box in part 2...

AZHUND

Reaction score
I did the glove box in part 2...

I jumped around but didn't see the upper glove box though - the lower one was a PITA for me (wish I saw your vid then) but finally got it. The upper glove box I don't see how it pops out though and also no idea how to reach around from behind as I have adult-sized hands....

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I jumped around but didn't see the upper glove box though - the lower one was a PITA for me (wish I saw your vid then) but finally got it. The upper glove box I don't see how it pops out though and also no idea how to reach around from behind as I have adult-sized hands....

I’m fairly certain the upper box is LED from the factory. Mine is in my 20 Rebel

AZHUND

Reaction score
I’m fairly certain the upper box is LED from the factory. Mine is in my 20 Rebel
It is - but is slightly more yellow than my LEDs. OCD just wanted me to replace it, but I don't think I have ever opened that glove box except to try and replace the light so eventually I will forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread