5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Bulbs In Reflector Housing?

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
For those with the standard halogen headlights, if you replaced the bulbs with LED's I am curious to know what brand you used? For no other reason than just a comparison.

My truck didn't come factory with LED's so I have the crappy halogen lights. I have already swapped out the low beams for GTR Mini CSP H11 with PWM modules and for the fog lights I chose Beamtech fog light bulbs, also H11. I have a set of 9005 Beamtech J1's for the high beams on the way and should be here Monday.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of the lights. Sorry. I need to take some night time pics to show.

ram0686

Reaction score

AMAZON.COM
H11 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER
9005 HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs, CAR ROVER

Still strong after a year

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Got my 9005's today in the mail. Haven't put them in yet, it is pouring rain here. Probably get them installed tomorrow.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered some from RPM 956 after watching a review on YouTube that RustednutMedia posted.

Jcorp50

Reaction score
@Mopar_maxi I'm looking to replace my headlights, and saw the RPM 956 lights. How do you like them so far? Any flickering or bulb out lights on the dash? Have you replaced any other lights, i.e., fogs etc.?

I'm curious about the quality of the RPM 956 lights, and have been going back and forth between them and the Lasfit lights.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Mopar_maxi I'm looking to replace my headlights, and saw the RPM 956 lights. How do you like them so far? Any flickering or bulb out lights on the dash? Have you replaced any other lights, i.e., fogs etc.?

I'm curious about the quality of the RPM 956 lights, and have been going back and forth between them and the Lasfit lights.

I have the headlights, fog lights and interior lights. All of them have been perfect so far. Super bright, zero issues and no bulb out warning.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
I have the headlights, fog lights and interior lights. All of them have been perfect so far. Super bright, zero issues and no bulb out warning.

They sell everything through Facebook/no formal website, yeah? Pricing competitive with Lasfit/other brands?

Beryl

Reaction score
How are the RPM 956 lights holding up looking to order some low beam bulbs this friday.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are the RPM 956 lights holding up looking to order some low beam bulbs this friday.
I have since switched to OEM led headlights and diode fog lights. But I still have his bulbs in my tail lights. Zero issues.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is absolutely critical to buy quality LED bulbs designed for the purpose of reflector housings. Headlight Revolution is where I shop because they test everything they sell.

I actually did a video on this last week. The Supernova V.4 bulbs are intense with a decent beam pattern, compared to the factory LEDs they are brighter but the factory beam pattern is better.

Jmathews77

Reaction score
Said this in another post yesterday, but it's even more relevant here:

FYI: I put in the Lasfit LEDs in my 2019 1500, and they looked fantastic, but when I went to get my yearly inspection sticker (Massachusetts), it failed because it turns out they are not legal for installation in housings designed for Halogen bulbs. Had to pull them out and get re-inspected. Decided to just leave them out and now considering the Morimoto XB HD kit as an upgrade soon.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
So glad NJ stopped doing a full inspection.....they basically just check emissions and make sure no check engine lights are on. I recently installed my Lasfits and love them so far!

Carlmyman

Reaction score
So glad NJ stopped doing a full inspection.....they basically just check emissions and make sure no check engine lights are on. I recently installed my Lasfits and love them so far!
Recently replaced Hikari Eye of Megatron high & lows with Lasfits. The Hikaris needed 2 decoder boxes each on low & 1 each on high. With the Lasfits, no decoders needed, not noticing any flickering. These should light up the night along with my recently installed 30" light bar and Trigger 4 Plus.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I had Hikari's in my 4th gen and loved them. But since the Lasfits don't need decoders for each light....I figured I would give them a shot. Impressed so far and not a single person flashed their lights thinking I had highs on.

Users who are viewing this thread