5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED bulbs for low beams. Gen 5 longhorn. Halogen housing

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I saw a few threads about this issue. But none that got the facts strait. This is NOT a thread asking about “safety”, blinding people, laws. Not opinion. Let’s save everyone’s time.

IF you installed LED bulbs in your halogen headlight housing (fog lights as well)….

1. What brand / model bulbs.
2. Did you use a decoder/ anti flicker module?
3. What angle did you install the bulbs?
4. Did you reprogram the truck for LED?
5. Any errors?

Truck year and model too.

This way someone looking to do so can easily find what others did in one place and not have all the unnecessary fillers about opinions on rules.

Thanks everyone!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed Lasfit H11 LED lamps. Plug and play. No codes or errors. It’s like night and day difference compared to stock halogen. I used Lasfit for all of my exterior lamps as they have built in resistors for no flicker and error codes. All plug and play. I would do the same if I had to do it again. Truck details are in signature.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I installed Lasfit H11 LED lamps. Plug and play. No codes or errors. It’s like night and day difference compared to stock halogen. I used Lasfit for all of my exterior lamps as they have built in resistors for no flicker and error codes. All plug and play. I would do the same if I had to do it again. Truck details are in signature.
Which Lasfit bulbs did you use for your headlights and fogs? It seems they have a few different ones

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not need to adjust my beams yet. And haven’t been flashed, unless coming over a hill crest or something. In the next few weeks I will be installing coil over level struts so I will adjust my beams accordingly then.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s all good man! Everyone has their own taste and that’s what makes wrenching on trucks so fun. Pardon my sarcasm in the post earlier…I was cracking myself up.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Lasfit LA installed. WOW what a difference. Perfect beam pattern. NOT blinding. I can’t stress how much safer it is.

No anti flicker device needed, no dash codes and installation wasn’t too bad at all.

It is a dramatic difference!! It should be mandatory for a Ram put factory LED headlights in ALL their trucks.

If I get a year or two I’ll be happy as heck.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lasfit LA installed. WOW what a difference. Perfect beam pattern. NOT blinding. I can’t stress how much safer it is.

No anti flicker device needed, no dash codes and installation wasn’t too bad at all.

It is a dramatic difference!! It should be mandatory for a Ram put factory LED headlights in ALL their trucks.

If I get a year or two I’ll be happy as heck.
It’s been almost 3 months since I installed mine and I couldn’t be happier. They are better than the stock projectors I had in my ‘15 Ram with the LED lighting package from the factory.

If I get 2 years out of them I’ll also be happy as heck.

Glad it worked out for you buddy!

RAMMER80

Reaction score
It’s been almost 3 months since I installed mine and I couldn’t be happier. They are better than the stock projectors I had in my ‘15 Ram with the LED lighting package from the factory.

If I get 2 years out of them I’ll also be happy as heck.

Glad it worked out for you buddy!

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Thanks man.

When you did your fogs did you zip tie the extra wire or just let it hang down? I basically folded the Lasfit wire and zip tied it so it shouldn’t bounce around the whole time.

The Lasfit bulbs wire was convenient but I could see it get in the way for certain trucks (perfect for ours).

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man.

When you did your fogs did you zip tie the extra wire or just let it hang down? I basically folded the Lasfit wire and zip tied it so it shouldn’t bounce around the whole time.

The Lasfit bulbs wire was convenient but I could see it get in the way for certain trucks (perfect for ours).
I also zip tied it. Easy peasy which is such a relief with the new technology in our trucks today. I plan on getting a Tazer DT to enable LED lights with the CANBUS system to avoid any future problems down the road. Plus I’ll need the Tazer for speedo recalibration when install my lift and 285/65r20’s in a few weeks.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I also zip tied it. Easy peasy which is such a relief with the new technology in our trucks today. I plan on getting a Tazer DT to enable LED lights with the CANBUS system to avoid any future problems down the road. Plus I’ll need the Tazer for speedo recalibration when install my lift and 285/65r20’s in a few weeks.
From my investigations on forums and reviews everyone so far hasn’t enabled it with zero problems. I think if you add LED headlights that are oem you need to. I assume it’s because these pull enough power so the computer thanks they are halogens.

Users who are viewing this thread