5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Bulb Replacements

Donnybrasco201

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2022 1500 Laramie and I just bought LED bulb replacements on Amazon (not cheap ones - they were like $60 per set) for low beam and high beams. They came with what is supposed to be a canbus decoder I think because there was a black box attached. Regardless, they work for 3 seconds when I turn truck on then shut off. I do see an error type thing on dash which I presume means there isn’t enough power.

Bottom line - can someone PLEASE recommend LED low & high beams either on Amazon or somewhere else that are in that $40-$60 range per set. That WILL work with this stupid canbus crap. Thanks a ton!!!!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2022 1500 Laramie and I just bought LED bulb replacements on Amazon (not cheap ones - they were like $60 per set) for low beam and high beams. They came with what is supposed to be a canbus decoder I think because there was a black box attached. Regardless, they work for 3 seconds when I turn truck on then shut off. I do see an error type thing on dash which I presume means there isn’t enough power.

Bottom line - can someone PLEASE recommend LED low & high beams either on Amazon or somewhere else that are in that $40-$60 range per set. That WILL work with this stupid canbus crap. Thanks a ton!!!!
Off the shelf LED bulbs? Most likely not going to happen.
Just to switch in and program the OEM LED`s to the BCM takes a SGW bypass and alpha OBD to the tune of hundred plus AFAIK

Users who are viewing this thread