5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Adaptive headlights

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I test drove a Limited before I ordered, but I drove it during the daylight hours. I have seen some pictures posted online of the LED lights on the Limited trim at night from the driver's point of view but only stationary and not in a driving situation but I found them VERY impressive.

My wife has a Honda Odyssey van with the LED lights and one thing that is kind of annoying about it is when you are driving downhill the lights seem to project real close to her van and then when driving up a hill they project very high.

I do not know if this is a common trait to all LED headlights or it was a quirk to her van. I was very eager to see an upgrade to the Ram headlights this year. My biggest complaint was the headlights on the 2015 model in all of the Ram surveys I was sent to fill out by FCA.

SO......I guess my questions are for the people that have already taken delivery of a Limited Ram......

How do you like the headlights and do they project a decent distance in front of the vehicle when you are driving downhill?

Anything else you would like to add feel free :) those of us waiting are living the 2019 Ram experience through you!!!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am also curious. I LOVE the headlights in my 15' Grand Cherokee (bi xenon), and a little disappointed with my wife's 16' Acura RDX with the jewel eyes. I experience exactly what you describe, a LOT of light with the jewel eyes but doesn't seem focused down the road. I am guessing that is because (I may be wrong) the RDX and Odyssey use a reflector housing, so hopefully the projector style that the longhorns and limited have can focus the light a little more. But definitely hoping to hear some feedback from people who have experience with it.

skatz5000

Reaction score
Love mine so far. Was off the grid for the holiday weekend and they were stellar the whole time through. The small degree of angle you get when turning really added to the overall visibility ahead of you as well

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, new owner of a limited. Took it for a drive on some winding roads last night, it is amazing at throwing light down the road. The fog lights are incredible and really help while turning. Things that are similar to my wife's Acura with jewel lights is that road signs honestly end up almost blinding. She has a reflector housing so it doesn't do a great job throwing light down the road, but they both turn the street signs into spotlights in your eyes. MINOR issue; they look awesome and having too much light isn't bad (for the occupants in my car at least)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my Limited for almost a month now. I am very impressed with the LED headlights, not as bright as my aftermarket ones on my Honda which are probably too bright, but they light up everything with no dim or dark spots. Night time driving is amazingly lit up with great light everywhere, Impressed!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online