5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED 3rd brake light

19RamBC

Reaction score
Talked to a guy today who jas a 2019 Power wagon and his factory 3rd brake light is black, has a angle to it and is led. Looks way better then the one that came on my 2019 1500 i asked if that was aftermarket and he said it was stock. Cant find any part #s or pictures of it online. I so want it. He said he has the 360 camers so im not sure if that one has a camera in it or somthing and thats why its different. But looks sweet to me and more radical then that factory one with no leds i got. Even tho every other light on my ram is LED (way to be cheap FCA)

knightro84

Reaction score
It is stock. It is called the "cargo view" camera and is a $345 stand alone option on the heavy duty trucks (assume it might be standard on higher trims but I didn't check). Not sure if it would fit on the 1500. Looks like this:

1575034826277.png

Arth

Reaction score
The new heavy duty trucks are still using the 4th Gen cab so they are able to use that cargo lamp still. This means it won't fit on a 2019 DT 1500 truck because the cab is different as well as the mounting points.

It is stock. It is called the "cargo view" camera and is a $345 stand alone option on the heavy duty trucks (assume it might be standard on higher trims but I didn't check). Not sure if it would fit on the 1500. Looks like this:

View attachment 40736

knightro84

Reaction score
The new heavy duty trucks are still using the 4th Gen cab so they are able to use that cargo lamp still. This means it won't fit on a 2019 DT 1500 truck because the cab is different as well as the mounting points.

This makes sense because everything I was finding said it fit the 2013-2019 heavy duty.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
A new 3rd brake light with bed light at a better angle would be of great interest to me too. Problem is that the current bed light shines too high and does nothing to light up the cargo area/bed floor. All it does is blind me while I'm trying to load motorcycles in my truck bed after dark. Really poor design...

Users who are viewing this thread