5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED 3rd brake light: standard on all 2021 Rams?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know some 2021 Rams have an LED 3rd brake light. Does anyone know if this applies to all 2021 Rams, or just select trim levels/option packages?

I want to seal my 3rd brake light to avoid the leak issues people are having, but want an LED to ensure I won’t have to open it back up to replace a burned out incandescent bulb in the future after it has been sealed.

Thanks!

Luxy72462

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie does not have LEDs. I took my bulbs out of my 20 before I traded it in and put them in the new truck. I will say this the 2021 truck have a revised seal around the 3rd brake light housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie does not have LEDs. I took my bulbs out of my 20 before I traded it in and put them in the new truck. I will say this the 2021 truck have a revised seal around the 3rd brake light housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on your new Laramie! It appears you now need to update your sig. (y)

Do you have a pic of the 2021 3rd brake light housing? It's nice of you to tell us about it, but it's much better to show pictures. ;)

BNeal

Reaction score
Congrats on your new Laramie! It appears you now need to update your sig. (y)

Do you have a pic of the 2021 3rd brake light housing? It's nice of you to tell us about it, but it's much better to show pictures. ;)
Here is a shot of the one off my 21 Limited.

3rdLiight.jpg

BNeal

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I was hoping for a pic of the revised seal he was talking about. I always appreciate pics though. Looks like they completely changed the light housings, and the way they are mounted.
Yea, I think they finally fixed the leak problem with the redesign.

jastevenson

Reaction score
I wonder if that pic above is because he has a Limited (with Technology package? Since I think I see a camera).

Am hoping the LED, or at least the revised seal, is present on all 2021s.

jth877

Reaction score
A part # for the revised seal would be great. It's probably cheap insurance to change it out.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know some 2021 Rams have an LED 3rd brake light. Does anyone know if this applies to all 2021 Rams, or just select trim levels/option packages?

I want to seal my 3rd brake light to avoid the leak issues people are having, but want an LED to ensure I won’t have to open it back up to replace a burned out incandescent bulb in the future after it has been sealed.

Thanks!
LED third brake light is part of the new Technology Package, so no it's not on every '21.
Screenshot_20201123-161423_Samsung Internet.jpg

BNeal

Reaction score
I wonder if that pic above is because he has a Limited (with Technology package? Since I think I see a camera).

Am hoping the LED, or at least the revised seal, is present on all 2021s.
I know not all '21's are using LED's, but I would be surprised if they didn't all get the improved seal.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know not all '21's are using LED's, but I would be surprised if they didn't all get the improved seal.
I'd like to have more information on this supposed improved seal. Still waiting for someone to post a pic of one.

Users who are viewing this thread