5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leave it levelled or step up to the 3.5” lift?

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
I went with the readylift but the ride is horrendous so I am no spending another $2600 to get the 3” Fabtech with Dirt Logic shocks kit. Should improve it. If you’re going for looks the ready lift is a budget friendly kit that gives it to you but traveling 1800 miles on a roadtrip definitely could feel the difference in ride.

greekboyas

Reaction score
4.5” from Zone? Are you sure it’s for 5th gens? As far as I know Zone doesn’t have anything out except for a 6” lift.
My bad! Totally confused the 4.5” for the 2500’s from Zone with BDS’ 4” for the 1500’s. I’ve been planning a possible future build on a new Cummins. Zone definitely only offers 6” for the new 1500’s (which doesn’t sound like a bad idea... haha)

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My bad! Totally confused the 4.5” for the 2500’s from Zone with BDS’ 4” for the 1500’s. I’ve been planning a possible future build on a new Cummins. Zone definitely only offers 6” for the new 1500’s (which doesn’t sound like a bad idea... haha)
Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow miss something. I'm looking at lifting mine right now and trying to figure out which one to go with. If I could run 37s the 6" kit would be a no brainer. Unfortunately BDS is the only company out with a 4" lift right now and they sell theirs at a premium. My truck doesn't see offroad much so it would be overkill. I've been hoping Zone would come out with theirs but doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. I'm debating between the Mopar lift with ORP springs in the front to level it or the 6" Zone lift at the moment.

greekboyas

Reaction score
Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow miss something. I'm looking at lifting mine right now and trying to figure out which one to go with. If I could run 37s the 6" kit would be a no brainer. Unfortunately BDS is the only company out with a 4" lift right now and they sell theirs at a premium. My truck doesn't see offroad much so it would be overkill. I've been hoping Zone would come out with theirs but doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. I'm debating between the Mopar lift with ORP springs in the front to level it or the 6" Zone lift at the moment.
Are you worried running 37’s on 3.21 gears? I have the same ratio and it scares the hell out of me thinking about anything bigger than 4” and 35’s lol.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you worried running 37’s on 3.21 gears? I have the same ratio and it scares the hell out of me thinking about anything bigger than 4” and 35’s lol.
Yeah I have the 3.21s. 37s are definitely a no go. I’ll be running 35s. A lot of the 6” lifted trucks I see have too much empty space in the wheel well with 35s to me. 37s fit much better and I’m not looking to spend 2k to swap out my gears.

greekboyas

Reaction score
Yeah I have the 3.21s. 37s are definitely a no go. I’ll be running 35s. A lot of the 6” lifted trucks I see have too much empty space in the wheel well with 35s to me. 37s fit much better and I’m not looking to spend 2k to swap out my gears.
Yeah, my personal rule is anything above 4” of lift or 35” of tire belongs on a 2500+, preferably a diesel. If you delete and tune the rig, she’ll move all that lift and rubber and still get mid 20’s for MPG on the highway lol. Reasons why I’m looking at a future build on a Cummins mwahaha. 4” and 35’s still see a big loss of power if the gear ratio isn’t above 3.92 on the half-tons

Users who are viewing this thread