5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather Seats in 2019 Laramie Ram

Axisbuck24

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I took my vehicle to the dealership for a couple of issues. One of the issues was the leather on the drivers side was discolored and the truck was not even a year old. The dealer took photos and submitted it to the warranty department. They approved the seat cover replacement for the drivers side. When I was physically at the dealership to pickup a few personal items from my vehicle, I pointed out the issues was also happening on the passenger side. The dealership submitted the passenger seat for replacement and it was denied. They claimed it was not a defect.
I spoke to the Service manager and he asked me to contact Ram Customer Care. After positive interactions with customer care team member (Ashley) the passenger seat was to be replaced. Well a week went by and no call from dealership or customer care. I emailed Ashley and she said the District manager denied the claim and there was nothing they could do for me. I asked her provide me with the District Manager’s number and I was told they could not do so. I asked her to pass my information to her Supervisor or the District Manager.
Today, I received a call from Keith a manger at customer care and was told the only option they could give me was for me to pay out of pocket and then they would reimburse me.
I am really upset that they are asking me to pay first then they will cover the expenses. This vehicle is not my main vehicle. The issue I have is Ram covered one seat(driver) for same issue and it was determined to be a defect yet they refuse to not cover the passenger seat. The passenger seat is not frequently used.

I am extremely disappointed. I spent lots of money and opted for the factory leather seats because I wanted the Ram warranty coverage not after market. Perhaps, the most disappointing issue is with the level of care Ram has given me as a loyal customer.
92e92a7b9c3e7f04705cf1cc7539b009.jpg

0916abf8002e095848330626cbbadf30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread