5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather or cloth seats?

jwtiger69

Reaction score
I am looking at getting my first Ram in the next month or so. One truck I am looking at is a big horn in the midnight edition and it has everything I need or want. Plus I absolutely love the look but is is cloth. I have two kids and do a lot of fishing. So I would be tracking dirt and kids crap all over the place of it. Comparable models up are easily 5k more with leather. Long term I am stuck on if I would regret not getting leather or sticking with cloth to get everything I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get what you want and you can get a katzkin leather kit on eBay for approximately $600. Not that hard to do your self if your preety handy. Hog rings and hog ring pliers will run you about $20. Most will not argue you katzkin leather is supior than oem. If you need it installed it would probably run you about $500 if I had to guess. Either way you het whay you want at a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I am looking at getting my first Ram in the next month or so. One truck I am looking at is a big horn in the midnight edition and it has everything I need or want. Plus I absolutely love the look but is is cloth. I have two kids and do a lot of fishing. So I would be tracking dirt and kids crap all over the place of it. Comparable models up are easily 5k more with leather. Long term I am stuck on if I would regret not getting leather or sticking with cloth to get everything I want.

I decided on leather. I have a baby and had to. Easier to brush off and clean.

Firebird

Reaction score
I got the Bighorn and installed leather, love it

Gs72174

Reaction score
My Big Horn had everything I wanted except leather. Had the Katzkin installed by local installer and love it. My opinion is it looks and feels better than OEM. Always get compliments on the seats.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I would have never thought about that option.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I paid around 3500 more for a Laramie sport then a comparable bighorn. I got leather, sport hood, proximity, cooled seats , auto brights, auto wipers, reclining rear seats, nicer interior, memory seat and mirrors. I had a 16 Laramie and a 14 bighorn. Could not go back to the bighorn and not have the proximity entry, cooled seats,, and memory seats.

myles

Reaction score

Personally i wouldn't get leather just because its easier to keep clean.
Leather seats now-a-days are all perforated anyways so liquid/dirt can still seep down into the cushion.

If going up to a Laramie is out of budget I wouldn't sweat over it, this is my 1st truck with leather and i work in concrete breaking and its not that much easier to keep clean.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Again thanks for all the replies. It is really a toss up right now. It will come down to what is a better deal. Just started sending some emails between the two dealerships. We will what happens....

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
I wanted cloth - that's why I went with the Big Horn. I only wish it had proximity. Some day the smart guys on the forum will hack it though.

Users who are viewing this thread