5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather Dashboard splitting at airbag seams - AI summary of all our issues

mherbert999

Reaction score
I am seeing a serious problem on my Dashboard.
2020 Ram 3500 Diesel (6.7L)
Limited

1717168105568.png

I am looking for Ram Custy care to help. Does anyone remember the prompt to include customer care? #customercare or @customercare ?
I am concerned others may be having this problem and want us to get organized.
I have concerns on safety due and I wonder if we can get enough info to ask for recall investigation.

I reported the splitting Dashboard to Ram my local dealer in Reno. 8/15/22
I was told that it is not covered (I am at only 60k) and they felt I had laid something on the dashboard. I am still upset with them for even suggesting this. I would not put anything on my leather dashboard. I use a windshield shade all the time. Since the initial report the dashboard has continued to split, but now it starting to split in more areas, along the lines of the airbag. Not only does it look horrible, I have concerns on the safety aspects. The uneven leather tension over the airbag compartment is concerning - upon deploy I am worried the bag may deploy unevenly or off to the side due to the opened splits. Did Ram do any testing in this condition?
I started searching for others with this problem and I have found several in the forums with the same issues of the leather dash. It seems to be a pattern with trucks of my year. I see other concerns including projectiles due to a collision event. Several calls for a recall are included.

I submitted a request for help to Ram custy care and got no response.
Ok - so now they pissed me off. Lets use some of my computing skills to vent a while. Using AI, I have searched and summarized into a table the leather dashboard problems we are experiencing as a group.
I only looked at the recent available posts. This took me literally 3 minutes. It will even search the web for all instances - not just forums. Working on that now.
If you are considering a Ram truck - check out these stats before you give them money. The lack of response should get your attention.
I'll be back weekly starting to look at all RAM issues across various years, models etc providing the statistics. I want my money's worth out of my being ignored.

Lets look at who is having the problems. Lets break it down by forums.
This is pretty concerning,

1717167410914.png

I think next - I can cross reference all issue types for my truck model and see what issues have the highest rates of complaints.
Next weeks edition!
It would be more fun to find the praises and positives and table those up instead - but hey, I'm an unhappy customer right now.

Users who are viewing this thread