5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather Cleaners / Conditioner Preference?

Texas Woody

Reaction score
What is everyone using to clean / condition their leather interiors? My last truck had cloth seats and a lot of plastic, but this Limited has (what appears to be ) leather everywhere! Seats, dash, steering wheel, door panels, etc.

I've heard most manufacturers these days have a coating on their leathers that make them resistant to water and such - so wiping them down with water-wet rags occasionally will keep them clean. Does this mean there is no point in using leather conditioners (as it won't soak into the leather due to the coating on it)?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/thoughts. Just want to keep this thing looking new for as long as possible! :love:

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I use Adam's Polishes Leather and Interior Cleaner and their Leather Conditioner. I'm a fan of their products. I'm not an experienced detailer like some others on here, so they may have much better advice. But so far, all my Adam's products have worked well. I especially love the Detail Spray and use it after a wash.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Griots Garage 3in1 leather cleaner--Good Stuff-- does not fill in the pores in the leather.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been using a spray mix of mild dish soap and water as a cleaner (per Ram instructions) and lexol conditioner after every couple of interior cleanings. I like how Lexol doesn't give you that greasy slippery feel that other cleaner and conditioners provide.

Freeblazin

Reaction score
I've used Mothers VLR (Viny- Leather-Rubber) on my previous leather interiors and have been very happy with it's cleaning/protection abilities. It contains a neat’s-foot oil and lanolin base vice silicone or waxes so it doesn't leave a greasy slick surface behind. That also means that it leaves a minimal sheen or "natural" shine, which I prefer over a super gloss look on my interiors.

You can pick it up at any auto store for 7-8 bucks. I plan to perform the first interior detail of my new Limited in a few days. I'll take a few before after pics of the product in action.

Jcasas

Reaction score
I work in textiles, mostly home furnishings but Leather Master makes some of the best leather products in my opinion. I would start with their protection cream, clean with their strong cleaner and use the leather vital as a conditioner. They also have a soft cleaner but its just stronger cleaner with diluted with deionized water.

Users who are viewing this thread