5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease is ending... ? about warranty

pbh

Reaction score
So October 2021, the lease on my 2019 will be ending.

I love this truck and have been entertaining the idea of buying it out. Truck only has 19000 miles on it, dealer serviced and babied all the time.

Buying it out will mean I finance it for a few years... those additional years will run out my factory warranty.

So my question is, where do I go to extend the warranty, dealer?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
The dealer will happily sell you an extended warranty. Not sure about any outside sources. If the truck is as varied as you say, and any problems or TSB's have all been taken care of, personally I would skip it. In my opinion, almost always is that a waste of money. Remember, most extended warranty companies are NOT directly thru RAM, or any chrysler affiliation. There usually outside companies and love fine print that says that "it's not their problem"

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

Check over at Zeigler. Bob Cline will pretty much beat any online price. [email protected] 866.943.7778

There is a promo code of "PAYINFULL" which will take $365 off the posted prices. Might get an additional $50 off that!

you appear to be under the 36,000 miles, but question is, are you under the THREE YEARS? There is a surcharge added over 12000/12 months. Question 2. Is the truck still under manufacturer warranty (year/month wise)?>

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

Clay was pushing his own warranties recently (third party).

Redfour5

Reaction score

I love this truck and have been entertaining the idea of buying it out. Truck only has 19000 miles on it, dealer serviced and babied all the time.

Buying it out will mean I finance it for a few years... those additional years will run out my factory warranty.

I'd check into trading it or selling it outright. You will be stunned at what you are offered. You might buy it out (when the lease is done) as it will be cheap compared to today and having it free and clear will give you an accurate idea of worth. They are paying stunning amounts for vehicles like yours. AND, be careful. I found out that the lease company gives a different payout to dealers vs you as the lessee. I called about three months before the lease was out and was given a number that matched what I though with an added 800 bucks. It pays to just wait until the end and pay what the contract says. I also checked in on a trade and the dealer gave me a number four thousand more than if I paid it off myself. I got up and walked out, but found out that they give dealers a different number...or I was told that... Didn't buy and glad I waited. I got six K more here a month ago than a year or so earlier making up for the lack of incentives. Your truck will be hot property. Check out KBB, auto trader, carvana and you will be shocked at the value. It is generally NOT a good time to buy a vehicle UNLESS you have the right combo of factors. The first is a high value vehicle you are OK to get rid of. As noted, the value of my 2015 Outdoorsman MORE than made up for the lack of incentives. I paid MSRP for my new 2021 truck (after the dealer put the 1250 incentive as a mark up) and with the trade, I STILL came out better than what I could have done early last year... But if you do not have a highly valued trade/sell vehicle I'd wait. And under no circumstances have a trade and buy used. Used values are outrageous and there are going to be a lot of people regretting used purchases in a year or so.

50Front

Reaction score
Something i just found out, with a lease thru Chrysler capital only the lease holder can buy it out in the last 60 or 90 days.

U

User_3336

Last month, dealers were giving a hunk of money for early lease turn-in's.
I turned my 19 jeep grand cherokee in early. Residual amount + remaining payments = payoff.
Dealer offered 4900 over the pay off amount, which was still a great deal for them. I pocketed the $4900.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
WRONG! why pay thousands more buying it directly from MOPAR?
You can buy a genuine MOPAR ESP directly from several online dealers (who are actually RAM/Dodge/FCA dealers)

Do you work for one of the said dealers? You don’t have to pay thousands more if you buy direct. Stop spreading misinformation

U

User_3336

Do you work for one of the said dealers? You don’t have to pay thousands more if you buy direct. Stop spreading misinformation
OK, go to MOPAR.COM and get a quote on a MAX CARE extended warranty for your 2019 RAM 1500...... Post the price of the quote you got from them (direct)....

THEN, go to one of the online retailers (not direct), quote the same coverage, then post that quote amount.

Its going to be hundreds (if not a thousand) LOWER.

Perhaps you should clarify your definition of "buying DIRECT"......

and F&CK no, I don't work for a dealer. But I will post when someone post inaccurate information such as you are.

U

User_3336

So, I actually did call Mopar DIRECT @ 866-818-9929. Buying DIRECT would be exactly $1423 **MORE** than buying it from an online dealer (which are RAM dealers). The quote was for a NEW 2021 Ram 1500 4x4

The quoted price for a 7 year / 75000 mile MAX CARE ESP with a $100 deductible DIRECTLY FROM MOPAR was $2,480 (BEFORE TAX). $2713.80 after tax.

The quoted price for the SAME warranty from an online dealer was $1290 with NO TAX.

$1,423 is a little more than "thousands more" per your analysis. If you even look in the quotes, the price before its discounted is pretty well the price you are going to be quoted if you called MOPAR "DIRECT".

So, again, I am not sure your interpretation of "DIRECT", but, hey, if you wanna blow more $$$$$$$ on an ESP when you don't have to, blow that extra money over this way.... LOL

Appears you are the uneducated one, and the one spreading inaccurate information......

espxx1.jpg espxx2.jpg espxx3.jpg

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
So, I actually did call Mopar DIRECT @ 866-818-9929. Buying DIRECT would be exactly $1423 **MORE** than buying it from an online dealer (which are RAM dealers). The quote was for a NEW 2021 Ram 1500 4x4

The quoted price for a 7 year / 75000 mile MAX CARE ESP with a $100 deductible DIRECTLY FROM MOPAR was $2,480 (BEFORE TAX). $2713.80 after tax.

The quoted price for the SAME warranty from an online dealer was $1290 with NO TAX.

$1,423 is a little more than "thousands more" per your analysis. If you even look in the quotes, the price before its discounted is pretty well the price you are going to be quoted if you called MOPAR "DIRECT".

So, again, I am not sure your interpretation of "DIRECT", but, hey, if you wanna blow more $$$$$$$ on an ESP when you don't have to, blow that extra money over this way.... LOL

Appears you are the uneducated one, and the one spreading inaccurate information......

View attachment 100746 View attachment 100747 View attachment 100748

Not sure why the personal attack, but I don’t usually engage with people who can’t be civil. I paid 1600 for 7/75. That’s not thousands more. And I would rather pay a little more and buy from the manufacturer than some dealer who will have a ton of fine prints that says half the stuff is not covered.

Anyway, your monkey your circus, I am out.

As for OP, he can take his call on whether to send money on the manufacturer directly or via some 3rd party. His money his call.

U

User_3336

Not sure why the personal attack, but I don’t usually engage with people who can’t be civil. I paid 1600 for 7/75. That’s not thousands more. And I would rather pay a little more and buy from the manufacturer than some dealer who will have a ton of fine prints that says half the stuff is not covered.

Anyway, your monkey your circus, I am out.

As for OP, he can take his call on whether to send money on the manufacturer directly or via some 3rd party. His money his call.
The POINT was . . .

The Genuine MOPAR MAXCARE extended warranty that is sold by FCA is the same exact Genuine MOPAR MAXCARE extended warranty that is sold online by several online dealerships. The contract I was sent was from FCA, and it was the EXACT same as if I had bought it from the MOPAR website itself, only much much much cheaper.....but you were telling folks to only buy "DIRECT".

I am not sure what you are referring to when you said " than some dealer who will have a ton of fine prints that says half the stuff is not covered.". It's the same contract from FCA.

Also, its “Not my circus, not my monkeys.”

I am sorry you felt like the response was a "personal attack". Only setting the facts straight for other folks considering a genuine extended warranty and want to save some money.

Mb7640

Reaction score

You can call mopar protection plan. They have zero interest monthly billing if you need it

U

User_3336

You can call mopar protection plan. They have zero interest monthly billing if you need it
They sure do, but if you call Mopar Protection Plan, you're going to be overpaying for the ESP to start with. (how do you think they are offering interest free monthly billing?)

Did you see my comparison in the quote totals?

Mb7640

Reaction score
They sure do, but if you call Mopar Protection Plan, you're going to be overpaying for the ESP to start with. (how do you think they are offering interest free monthly billing?)

Did you see my comparison in the quote totals?
I just saw it

Users who are viewing this thread